No ATSC video displayed (1 Viewer)

mannerud

August 5, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am having the same problem here. I am running ATI 650 on a Windows XP SP2 and the latest build of Mediaportal, SVN, and TVE3 as of August 5th, 2007. When running the TV3 server I have audio, but not video; however, if I record a tv program and play back the recording I get both video and audio.

If I uninstall the plugin and run the regular client only without the TVServer everything works fine, both video and audio.

Lolento

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
Hello,

I haven't done a reinstall of mp for a while because i have TV engine 2 working good and I don't want to jinx anything..

But would someone who is still trying to get video on TVE3 to try to change the ASPECT RATIO during live tv?

I notice in some of my video files that the "normal" aspect ratio doesn't work and I get only audio but no video and I have to change to either Zoom or Stretch to see the video...which is fine.

Just a thought...

Please report back though.

Thanks,

Das Hammer

Portal Pro
June 14, 2007
Das Hoosier State
Home Country
Video and audio have been working fine for me. Try somewhere around the 8-23-07 version svn and tv server; and make sure you're using the tsreader. Side note: I haven't had any success with versions 8-30-07 and above scanning in ATSC channels.

I have noticed that ATSC won't give you a "Preview" in the TV Server management console; however, it will play fine on the client, so don't worry if you don't see anything in the preview window. Must have TSReader enabled though to view on the client. This was fixed a couple weeks ago.

When I was messing around with stuff earlier, I'm sure that I cycled through the aspect ratios a few times. Nothing unusual there. You want to get your mpeg2decoder setup to where it shows the normal mode. Purevideo does this by default. Look in the directshow filter controls on the tv server management console.

Hope this is some help....I'm in a hurry!

Lolento

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
thanks Das Hammer,

What about the host server, does viewing work on the host?

Das Hammer

Portal Pro
June 14, 2007
Das Hoosier State
Home Country
Yes, that is what I meant. It works on a "single seat" setup (tvserver and client on the same machine), but it is my understanding that you have to use the TSreader which I believe is not activated by default. Instructions for that are in a sticky.

It has been my experience that you won't see a "preview" of ATSC channels in the tv server management console. But do not worry, it will work for watching TV.

tonyscha

Portal Pro
May 2, 2007
Iowa
Home Country
TV-Server Version: TV3 9/20 I think!
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two Wide
Windows Version: Vista Business
CPU Type: AMD 3200+
HDD: 250GB
Memory: 1G
Motherboard: DFI Ultra LanParty
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Nvidia 7900GS
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR 150 MCE
1. TV Card Type: NTSC
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Kworld PlusTV 120 ATSC
2. TV Card Type: ATSC and NTSC
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Indepenedent
HTPC Case: Thermaltake Tanor
Cooling:
Power Supply: 485W
Remote: Microsoft
TV: Panasonic 32LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: Component

You guys still seeing this problem? I am seeing the same thing... Audo, but NO Video!

Nippywiffle

Portal Pro
May 16, 2007
Home Country
TV-Server Version:

You guys still seeing this problem? I am seeing the same thing... Audo, but NO Video!

Hi,
I recently tried again with mediaportal, I'm using the current latest SVN of tvserver and mediaportal, and I'm still having the issue with HD channels not displaying video, but audio plays (although I'm now using QAM instead of ATSC).

I found that TSWriter does seem to solve the problem, but creates other problems, such as slow playback, jumpiness etc on all channels (including analog), so I stopped using it.

For now, I'm using it as it is, and when I want to watch a HD channel, I choose to 'record' it, then once the recording starts, I select it again, and choose to "watch from beginning of recording". This plays the HD channel fine, with video and audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom