No ATSC video displayed (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Has ATSC video been fixed in the new release candidate? The post on the front page suggests that it is nearly ready for prime time, but as of a the SVN version from a few weeks ago video did not work at all for OTA HD in the US. i.e. ATSC.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Ok, if ATSC is not fixed yet, no big deal, I realize there are a lot of things to work on here, and I also realize that most of the developers live in Europe where you wont be picking up any ATSC signals.

But I would appreciate a response. Sometimes I feel like the developers don't even visit these boards. Am I wasting my time even posting bug information here?

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
I have only seen one response from a Dev about ATSC video issues. I think we might be "out of sight, out of mind" because we are not in Europe or Australia.

Das Hammer

Portal Pro
June 14, 2007
Das Hoosier State
Home Country
I just tried the SVNs for june 22 and no video on ATSC channels. As others have stated, the tvengine2 works fine, but using tvengine3 causes no video.

I tend to believe the others who say this is not codec or hardware related.

Das Hammer

Portal Pro
June 14, 2007
Das Hoosier State
Home Country
TV-Server Version: 3 (6-22-07)
MediaPortal Version: RC1 with 6-22-07 SVN
MediaPortal Skin: default blue
Windows Version: XP SP2 with all available updates
CPU Type: Athlon 64 dual core
HDD: Hitachi ATA IDE 160GB
Memory: 1GB DDR2 800
Motherboard: Biostar TF7050-M2
Motherboard Chipset: nVidia Gforce7050 PV
Motherboard Bios: Phoenix
Video Card: onboard nvidia 7050
Video Card Driver: 101.17
Sound Card: onboard realtek
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Vbox Cat's Eye 150
1. TV Card Type: ATSC only
1. TV Card Driver: .12 windows (latest from mfr.)
1. TV Card: Twinhan 1027
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: Twinhan BDA driver
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Elecard
Satelite/CableTV Provider: None
HTPC Case: Thermaltake Bach
Cooling: yes
Power Supply: PowerUP! 500W
Remote: MCE2005 remote
TV: Toshiba 57" DLP
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Looks like this was addressed in the bug report HERE for this item and it was labled as fixed. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing, can someone else verify this please? If it was fixed, we must all be doing something wrong?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Well that bug was marked fixed on 3-11-2007. Using a late May SVN version I was unable to get any video via an ATSC signal through TVServer3, although I could pick up a signal fine with the packaged in My TV client side plugin.

Although that bug reports video but no audio. This bug is the opposite problem, audio is working fine now, but video no longer works. I think that is a similar but unrelated bug to the one being discussed in this thread.

Lolento

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
Actually, I think SVN earlier than March was working fine with HDHOMERUN...it may be the fix for this bug that cause the no-video issue.

I think I had a Jan build before that worked fine until I had to scratch an itch to update to a May SVN...it's all down hill from there...

It's all my speculation though.

ddtx

June 19, 2007
I am having the same problem with a Dvico Fusion 5 Gold using OTA. I have been able to determine that if i stream an OTA ATSC channel to a VLC client or remote MediaPortal computer the playback of video/audio is fine. If i play it back locally on the box with the card installed i only get audio. I have done a full reinstall from scratch of Windows XP and have determined that it is MediaPortal with the issue. I have run the graphedit software and it appears video is being left at the demuxer and not passed on to the video decoder? if you tell me where to look i have some c# experience primarily with db's, albeit not with drivers/low level api fun.

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
Any one have this working yet? I tried again and still no joy.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
ATSC is pretty much a US standard and most of the developers live in Europe so I think the odds are low this will be fixed anytime soon. :/ I just hope it's fixed before their next stable release...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom