no BasicHome screen after resume from standby since 1.4.0 pre release (1 Viewer)

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.4.0

Description
    Hi!
    Since I upgrade to 1.4.0 (the same while update to 1.4.0 pre release) I don't get the Basic Home screen after i resume from standby anymore.
    I never saw this problem with other version before.
    Allow RememberLastFocusItem is set to "no".
    Code:
     <entry name="allowRememberLastFocusedItem">no</entry>

Logs attached

cu

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) start MP and start LIve TV

2) standby while fullscreen Live TV

3) wake up from standby

4) TV home is activ instead of BasiHome

Last edited:

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That is by design. If MP resumes, it resumes where you left of and not jumping to something else, which makes no sense.

RememberLastFocusItem is only designed to go to a specific window when MP is started. It as no impact on resuming and never has.

This inconsistency, even if you like it as been fixed in 1.4.0. Future versions will introduce other customization based on a new concept.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, OptionsPortal. Instead of doing it right and think about a concept, just some options are thrown in *sigh*

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That is by design. If MP resumes, it resumes where you left of and not jumping to something else, which makes no sense.

Hi scythe42,

thanks für your answer, but this is not correct.
    Maybe ist is no bug, but it functioned in all previous versions. I don't use "RemberLast..." and didn't used it in previous versions!
    Befrore 1.4.0 prerelease I always see BasicHome (or Home) after MP resumes from standby or hibernation.

I use MP since 2007 and installed it for my 5 clients and also for 4 friends with several clients. All installations go to BasicHome after standy.

CU

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Which was a long standing bug in the code logic, where certain options where checked wrong.

It was just a bug that was there for a very long time.

MariuCh

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2008
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    I think that the statement that this "is not a bug" is too hasty.
    If I put my computer (remote MP Server client) with enabled Live TV to standby mode and wakeup it after a few minutes, MP always welcome message that "connection to the TV Server has been lost". The message should be accepted, then back on Live TV (MP is focused to off Live TV screen) and go to the full screen TV :mad:
    Earlier MP versions worked as if it was set to "<entry> name="allowRememberLastFocusedItem"> yes </ entry>", now is forever.
    This is a major functional handicap ...
    If more people think so - write posts. Maybe it can help change Scythe42 mind about this problem :cry:
    We may also ask him for a good workaround :)

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately no changes for this "feature"

cu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom