No c.d.key to install Gigabyte t.v.card (1 Viewer)

philthyphil

Portal Member
May 18, 2009
Sydney
Home Country
Hi,I'm new to entering threads..just hope this is the correct way...my problem is that I bought a new laptop and wished to install a Gigabyte t.v. card that came with a dongle that I had bought previously...problem is that the c.d. key that came with the appliance has been lost..have contacted Gigabyte and they cannot help and suggested that I use mediaportal...trouble is ...I dont have a t.v. card installed .....my dongle is.....U8000USB 2.0..Hybrid Dongle[analog +digital]....any suggestions???thanks...philthy

canarygsr

Portal Pro
October 23, 2007
Melbourne
Home Country
do you have the driver disc? if you can install the device on your laptop you can download and use mediaportal for free as the TV ap

philthyphil

Portal Member
May 18, 2009
Sydney
Home Country
thanks...do have .but no key to install

Hi canarygsr,and thanks for the answer...yes I have the tv card...just dont have the c.d.key to let me install it...thanks once again....philthyphil

philthyphil

Portal Member
May 18, 2009
Sydney
Home Country
Thanks for the info owlsroost...it was just what I was looking for...unfortunately when I try to download Media portal it keeps coming up with "failed to install [MS SQL EXPRESS 205]...what am I doing wrong here...do I need to take out my firewall or spyware??....hoping to hear from you....thanks once again...philthyphil

philthyphil

Portal Member
May 18, 2009
Sydney
Home Country
Tried downloading from Microsoft with the same result.....reckon I'll give up on trying to use my Gigabyte dongle and buy a new one...thanks for the support...philthyphil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom