No Channels found, Greek DVB-T (1 Viewer)

Steven81

Portal Pro
March 29, 2010
Hi, since MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 I'm trying to find channels for my HTPC setup but I always fail. Waiting for RC2 was not worth it as the problem persists. What's worse of all is that any other TV program in existence is capable of finding all the channels that I'm looking for.

It seems that MP's TV server does things differently and in doing so it fails to find a single channel. I use auto settings I choose my country *and* region, yet -when it scans- it finds not a single a channel (I repeat - in contrast with any other program - say WMC). I do not feel that I can "grapple" with custom settings however (I do not know what "frequency" and "bandwidth" stands for in the TV-server's settings).

Things being like that I wonder if there's a way to import WMC's channel list (which finds all the channels perfectly) to MediaPortal. If not how can I make the TV server to scan for Greek channels correctly?

Thanks.

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi, since MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 I'm trying to find channels for my HTPC setup but I always fail. Waiting for RC2 was not worth it as the problem persists. What's worse of all is that any other TV program in existence is capable of finding all the channels that I'm looking for.

It seems that MP's TV server does things differently and in doing so it fails to find a single channel. I use auto settings I choose my country *and* region, yet -when it scans- it finds not a single a channel (I repeat - in contrast with any other program - say WMC). I do not feel that I can "grapple" with custom settings however (I do not know what "frequency" and "bandwidth" stands for in the TV-server's settings).

Things being like that I wonder if there's a way to import WMC's channel list (which finds all the channels perfectly) to MediaPortal. If not how can I make the TV server to scan for Greek channels correctly?

Thanks.
    I would try the following. Use some of your real stb or tv sets to scan channels and hope it shows frequensies while scanning write them down and then edit corresponding file under tunnindetails folder. Other option is to try to find them from web. You might also check the other software andnlook inside file where freqs are defined.

Br,

Steven81

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2010
    Thanks for the advice. I found the actual frequencies and by using them I scanned for the channels successfully.

Since the setting in the auto-scan (for the Greek DVB-T) are erroneous would there be a way to help by contributing the right frequencies so that in the next TV Server release it would scan for the right frequencies automatically?

Thanks.

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thanks for the advice. I found the actual frequencies and by using them I scanned for the channels successfully.

Since the setting in the auto-scan (for the Greek DVB-T) are erroneous would there be a way to help by contributing the right frequencies so that in the next TV Server release it would scan for the right frequencies automatically?

Thanks.

Yes. There is a thread in forum where you can post corrected xml file. Then someone in team will look it and commit it into next release.
    Br,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom