No channels visible in Channel Sort (1 Viewer)

nickotron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

I recently upgrade from 0.2.3.0 to TVServer/Portal RC1 Refresh. Its been great, but one problem to report...

In Settings/TV/Channel Sort, no channels are visible on the right hand side. I see Group on the left but when I navigate right, Grop looses focus, I hear clicks, but nothing visible. If I go left, Group gets focus back. Its as though something is there and I'm moving through it, but nothing shown on screen.

Similarly for Compress. Nothing shown on the right.

And for Recorded TV, the Recordings View is fine, but either of the others show nothing on the right.

For the record, the EPG is fine, and I can watch/record happily.

Any help appreciated. I hope this isn't user error, but have done my best to check manual, forums, bug list, etc.

Thanks.

N.

TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC1 Refesh (v1.0.0.1)
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC1 Refresh
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two Wide
    Windows Version: Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3, v.3264
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core
    HDD:
    Memory: 2 Gb (less 500Mb for Ramdisk)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H
    Video Card: Integrated ATI™ Radeon™ X1250
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card: Integrated ALC889A 8-Channel HD
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova S
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: FreeView NZ
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Hauppauge
    TV: Sony
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Not sure what you mean here, could you give me a step by step what you click & which screen that occur in?

Regards
    Roy

nickotron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sure. I'll get some images of the screen later, and attach those.

The basic issue described above is in the Media Portal Client. From the Home Screen go Settings > TV > Channel Sorting. In the Channel Sorting screen I see "Group" on the left, and if I click it I get a menu of my groups (All, Sky, TVNZ). That much is fine. But regardless of which of those Groups I choose I never see any channels on the right of the screen. In the 0.2.3.0 version I used to see all the channels here, and be able to sort them using up/down buttons on the right end of each line. Now there's nothing to sort.

I discovered yesterday I could sort the channels at the Server end using TV Server Config > TV Channels ? All Channels tab > Up/Down, which has removed my need immediate need for this feature. Maybe the intent is to remove sorting from the Media Portal client end all together?

However I still seem to have issues with the similar screens (Compress, Recorded TV) so will follow up with more info and pics.

Thanks.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Update to the latest svn, link available Homepage (might as well wait till this friday) as some fixes that may help, especially saving config correctly.

nickotron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Images of problem screens

Attached are various images describing the problem.

epg.jpg
    My epg showing that all the channels I can view, record, etc. No probs here.

channelsort.jpg
    So why aren't there any channels to sort? Various options are visible under Groups but none give me any channels on the screen.

recordedviewrecordings.JPG
    Recorded TV view is Recordings. Again no probs.

recordedviewchannels.JPG
    Same Recorded TV screen, but I toggled the View to Channels. I would expect all the shows previously shown on the right to still be there but instead be ordered by Channel? But its empty. Note also that the left menu drops the last two items (maybe because the list of shows is empty).

compress.JPG
    Again, why can't I see my shows and select which I want to compress?

Hope this is helpful. Thanks.

Attachments

• epg.JPG
      epg.JPG
      142.3 KB
    • channelsort.JPG
      channelsort.JPG
      28.8 KB
    • recordedviewrecordings.JPG
      recordedviewrecordings.JPG
      67.4 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I experience exactly the same behavior as reported by Nickotron! Latest SVN 19127 is installed. As a workaround I do the channel sorting in the TV Server configuration.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    The configuration it's done in TV-Server Configuration -> Television -> TV Channels & not in MediaPortal GUI when using TV-Server/TVPlugin, so the bug here it's that the screen should not be availible when using TV Server.

Regards
    Roy

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The configuration it's done in TV-Server Configuration -> Television -> TV Channels & not in MediaPortal GUI when using TV-Server/TVPlugin
    Question is then be whether this is the desired behavior. Sorting channels within the TV Server configuration definitely requires the interaction of a computer 'expert', while the normal TV watcher is (and should be) relying on the homescreen front end rather than having to use the configuration menu.

So, what is the current developer's philosophy about this?

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    For now it is by design, if this will change i dunno.
    Theres many bugs left to fix & we're in a future freeze which means, thinking about/integrate new stuff will take time, saying that configuration that way must also considering users with several clients which means multiple setup/configuration when it comes to sorting channels & that again could lead to redisign.

Regards
    Roy

Paulus_71

June 26, 2008
    FFM
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    The configuration it's done in TV-Server Configuration -> Television -> TV Channels & not in MediaPortal GUI when using TV-Server/TVPlugin, so the bug here it's that the screen should not be availible when using TV Server.

Regards
    Roy

Hi,

I used the TV-Server Configuration -> Television -> TV Channels to sort all channels and it worked fine for some time. But now all channels in Media Portal are in disorder and appear multiple times and the list in TV-Server Configuration -> Television -> TV Channels still looks fine. Any idea how to get back to normal?

Thanks
    Alex

EDIT:
    Sorry, I selected only one provider and therefore channels were shown more than once. Please ignore ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom