No CI/CAM Recognition, Digital Devices DuoFlex CT (1 Viewer)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    After several years of abstinence, I have added some premium channels to my cable TV subscription and have plugged my CI/CAM module back into my Digital Devices DuoFlex CT & Octopus Single CI combination. This worked in previous MP installations and is still shown as supported in the wiki. Unfortunately, my CI/CAM module is not recognized in TV Server Configuration (see attached screenshot). I have tested the CI /CAM combination in two TY sets, where it functions as expected. I have also configured each channel of the dual tuner for a CI decode limit of 1 channel as recommended under "CAM Setup" on the wiki page for "TV Servers". I have also updated the driver since the time when it was working and am now using version 2.6.5.142. From comments in this thread, I am wondering if I need to downgrade the driver. Any advice on how to proceed is welcome. TV Server logs are attached.

P.S: After reading this thread, I looked for an exe file in C:\Program Files\DigitalDevices\DVB-Driver but didn't find one, even after reinstallation. I will try a complete uninstall and reinstall and report back.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

Unfortunately, my CI/CAM module is not recognized in TV Server Configuration (see attached screenshot).
    Sorry, I don't see this screenshot that you mentioned. In any case, TV Server configuration would not show the DD CI/CAM.

I would guess from the log files:
    [2017-09-01 14:30:21,868] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - dvb: DigitalDevices CI: try to connect [demux]
    [2017-09-01 14:30:21,871] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - dvb: DigitalDevices CI: connection to [demux] successful, CI not available or configured for this tuner.
    [2017-09-01 14:30:21,872] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - dvb: DigitalDevices CI: disconnect [demux], HR:0

...that you simply haven't configured the CI slot to be linked to the tuners. That is done in DD's software.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I configured the CI module as you suggested and can view the CI menu in the DD Control Center, but I still cannot see it in MP's TV Server Configuration (screenshots attached). To be a bit surer, I configured MP's TV Server according to this application note and rescanned, but I still cannot receive any of the scrambled channels in my extended subscription via MP. Unless you have a better suggestion, my next step will be to install DD's own TV application, just to make sure the CI/CAM is at least working there.

Attachments

• unrecognizedCI-CAM.jpg
      unrecognizedCI-CAM.jpg
      14.9 KB
    • TV Server config - CI Menu.jpg
      TV Server config - CI Menu.jpg
      46.2 KB

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    The DD TV application broke everything. It reported all cards (2 tuners in my Duo-Flex) as spoken for, even after I terminated the MP TV Service.
    I uninstalled it but MP also still reported all cards occupied. DD Control Center also looked weird, showing only one tuner.
    In case it was a problem with the CAM, I swapped it with a newer one from a TV set, and for good measure, since I had had better luck with earlier driver versions in my previous installation, I uninstalled DigitalDevices-DVB-Driver-2.6.5.142-x64 and, after rebooting, replaced it with DigitalDevices-DVB-Driver-2.6.0.108-x64.
    Now DD Control Center behaves normally again, and MP reports the tuners as available. However, as reported in my earlier thread, I can no longer view or scan for channels.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, so you were trying to view the CAM menu in TV Server Configuration. That wasn't clear to me earlier.

The previous log files showed that TV Server was unable to link the CI slot to either of the tuners. In that case neither CAM menu access nor tuning of encrypted channels will work.

As I said previously, the linkage between the CI slot and the tuners is completely under the control of DD's software and drivers. Best to contact DD support if you have problems with them.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thanks, I'll wait and see what DD has to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom