No complete maximizing since MP 1.4.0 (also in 1.5.0 PreRelease) (1 Viewer)

tv-maniac

Portal Member
June 5, 2010
MediaPortal Version: 1.4.0

Description
Hi, since MP 1.4.0 I cannot maximize the window completly (see the picture). It also doesnt work in MP 1.5.0 PreRelease.
View attachment 135047
When MP is running, and i press exit, it doesnt exits, it minimizes first, after selecting exit again MP exits.
If I go back to 1.3.0 everything works well.

Steps to Reproduce:
It happens every time

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
    Unbenannt.png
    2.8 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Looks like you're running in windowed mode. As of MP 1.4 the window aspect ratio is locked to the aspect ratio of the skin. Based on your screenshot, the aspect ratios of your chosen skin and your screen don't match (or at least the window can't fill the screen without being distorted while the task bar is showing). Hence the gap. As far as I understand it this new behaviour is by design - it is to avoid distorting elements in the user interface.

Is there are reason you don't use full screen mode instead of maximising? Toggling is as simple as pressing alt+enter...

mm

Last edited:

tv-maniac

Portal Member
    June 5, 2010
    I dont like fulscreen mode, I dont want to use it. It is my first reason not to use windows media center.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Scythe42
    I think this change is a result of the D3D rework. Can you confirm? Did you change this intentionally, or is the maximise behaviour an oversight?

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    AFAIK scythe fixed window aspect ratio to skin aspect ratio, because in 1.3 maximizing window could lead to aspect ratio change (for video/TV also !).
    @tv-maniac
    do you expect maximized window to generate black bars left and right if window will take full screen width?

tv-maniac

Portal Member
    June 5, 2010
    I want it to work like in 1.3.0 and before.

Whats about the second problem, oressing exits doenst exits MP

tv-maniac

Portal Member
    June 5, 2010
    OK, second problem is solved. So what is about first thing? Every Videoplayer like MPC or VLC can be maximized and plays the fils with correct aspect ratio, could you please change it back in 1.5.0 final?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom