1.11.0 No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it (2 Viewers)

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So what is the network adaptor with the 91.158.65.78 address then?
    @Hell_Angel if not a VirtualBox network adapter then some other kind. VMWare, VPN client or server, RAS dialup feature enabled - do you have anything like that?

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2005
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I don't have much time to inspect until weekend, but I just checked and found out it's my internet connection's IP, and belongs to Realtek LAN card. And like I said, I haven't done any upgrades/changes to my machine lately. That's why I suspect it's tied to installing/using MP/TV Server. I didn't say I'm not thankful to your post mm. The answer was polite, you sound almost like politician, but there wasn't really anything I didn't knew already and that's why I got little frustrated. Now I feel, we are at least going somewhere with this. Logs I can't provide until weekend, but I will, if we can't figure this out until then.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The initially posted error.jpg suggests that your TVServer is attempting to connect to your SQL database via your external IP address in lieu of using the locally provided (DHCP?) address. No surprise that the access is refused and the 0x80004005 error is thrown back. TVServer then drops off.

We can now speculate about the why and how, but it will probably be more productive if you verify the connection strings in the respective local MePo setting file.

Last edited:

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    After I installed everything from the scratch, it worked for a week, but now started again
    If you're connecting to the external IP and it's not static maybe your ISP is changing the IP address issued to you? That would explain why a fresh install picks up the correct IP but after a week that IP starts to point to an entirely different endpoint.

Pseudomax

Portal Member
    January 11, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi

I am not sure this is the right place for this, but I seem to have some similar bug?

I have only been using MP for about 4 months and only version 1.10 since building my HTPC. However it has been working flawlessly (well apart from 1 or 2 small problems that I think were related to using incompatible plugin versions initially).

However, I recently upgraded the OS from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 and I have had no end of issue trying to get the modified release with djblu EPG pre-added to work. It keeps giving me an AllCardsBusy error (which is not the case). When I naively try to read the logs it appears that somehow the tuner is refusing the connection (hence posting in this bug report). I have tried everything from removing the installation and doing a fresh install, to downgrading from v1.11 back to v1.10 to using the final version and then trying to add the djblu epg manually. Nothing works! I continually get the 'AllCardsBusy' error. Would really appreciate some help with this!!

Thanks in advance! (logs added ... all as not sure which are relevant)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Graham

I am not sure this is the right place for this...
    If you're using a modified version of MediaPortal or TV Server then you need to get support in the thread that you got the modified version from. The people that hang out in that thread are the only people who are going to be familiar enough with the modification to know what is affected, how it should work etc. etc. etc.

Regards,
    mm
    P.S.: For what it's worth, I can't see any problem in the logs you attached.

Pseudomax

Portal Member
    January 11, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thanks for this ... I'll post there!

Everything else works ... so it must be a problem then with the djblu plugin ...?

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am unable to find out where the issue happened....

I am able to compile TVService and to attach Visual Studio Debugger to the running TVService.exe service. But whenever the issue happens, no exception is thrown. The TVService.exe is suddenly exited. In the output window of Visual Studio it says that the TVService.exe exited with Code 1 (0x1). I can't find a code line, where "1" is returned. It should be "0" if everything is OK and a negative value if an error happend (e.g. you are using -100, -200, etc. as exit codes in TVService.exe)

Any ideas how I could find out where the error happens and/or how to get it in Visual Studio?

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Man, this is such a nasty issue! :(

In the output window of Visual Studio it says that the TVService.exe exited with Code 1 (0x1).
    Well done for finding this. (y)

Any ideas how I could find out where the error happenes and/or how to get it in Visual Studio?
    Not right now. I'll have to do some googling to see if VS can be configured to break on exit, so we can find out where that call is coming from.

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    By the way, as said in the past and thought that that would be the cause:

I very often get an handled exception in CleanTimeshiftFilesThread.cs at:

Code:
      private bool CleanTimeShiftFiles()
            {
                try
                {
                    Log.Write(@"card: delete timeshift files {0}\{1}", _folder, _fileName);
                    string[] files = Directory.GetFiles(_folder);
                    for (int i = 0; i < files.Length; ++i)
                    {
                        if (files[i].IndexOf(_fileName) >= 0)
                        {
                            Log.Write("card:   trying to delete {0}", files[i]);
                            File.Delete(files[i]);
                            Log.Write("card:   deleted file {0}", files[i]);
                        }
                    }
                }
                catch (Exception ex)
                {
                    Log.Write(ex.ToString());
                }
                catch
                {
                    return false;
                }
                return true;
            }

The exception happens at File.Delete(), because the file is already used by another process. The exception is catched of course, but I don't know if this could cause any other problems? As I see it is not another process, it is the same process, so somewhere there is an open handle to this file left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom