No Connection TV-Server / Timeout while starting MP (1 Viewer)

skorz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2011
    Deutschland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.6.0

Description
    This is my second try after a few weeks, last try was with the 1.6rc

attached the log

Steps to Reproduce:
    I installed a fresh Win7x64 and MP1.6 Final.

After a Restart MP is not able to reach the TV-Server.

In the start screen it will hang on start tv-server and after a while it goes into mp, but when you open the tv it will show you a connect to the tv-server screen.

After this you have to start the tv-service manually, because it has stopped.

Last edited:

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There appears to be an issue with one of the many hard drives you have
    tvserver_SetupTv.Log
    d:
    [2014-01-16 19:36:17,666] [Log ] [MatroskaTagHandler] [INFO ] - Error while reading subdirectories of D:\System Volume Information: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "D:\System Volume Information" wurde verweigert.
    bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    bei System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
    bei System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
    bei System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
    bei TvDatabase.MatroskaTagHandler.GetTagInfoForDirectory(String aDirectory)

skorz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2011
    Deutschland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mh.. ok, d:\ is for my records.. i did look into the security options but "D:\System Volume Information" has the same all rights for the system user as e.g. "E:\System Volume Information"...

i will change my path to recordings to a different folder for testing![DOUBLEPOST=1389902367][/DOUBLEPOST]i changed my recording path to my timeshifting drive. same as before, after a timeout mp will stop my tv-service.. :eek:

Last edited:

skorz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2011
    Deutschland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    [2014-01-16 20:59:43,567] [Log ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - TvServer: Failed to execute remote TV server operation (CardByIndex) Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

this might be a relevant info from the MediaPortal-Error.log[DOUBLEPOST=1389902733][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Did you stop tvservice before proceed installation ?

which installation? fresh win7x64 with all new drivers and after that a 1-click installation of MP1.6 without errors or stops.

skorz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2011
    Deutschland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I noticed when I start MP as an administrator it works without problems. o_O i can search how it works with autostart mp as an administrator, but has it disadvantages when i do this?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Then your initial installation took place with insufficient privileges. Did you install as administrator?

There is no real issue in runnng Windows with admin rights, rather the contrary. XP times are history and modern virus software doesn't care.;) You may want to keep the UAC on though.

skorz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2011
    Deutschland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    no, install as normal user (ähm, user with adminrights).

The TV-Server starts now, but i notice that it need 2,3 secs more than it need under MP1.5

there must be any difference from MP1.5 to MP1.6, because the Win7x64 is the same as i use for install MP1.5. And with 1.5 i have no problems..

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe you should uninstall it and then reinstall with explicit admin rights? The error messages do indicate some missing rights. It only takes a few minutes and your tv channels are preserved.[DOUBLEPOST=1389904317][/DOUBLEPOST]And 2.3 sec longer loading time can be due to some plugins that were not distributed with 1.5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom