no divx/avi with RC3 (2 Viewers)

gusangora

Portal Pro
January 14, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hello all,
I have just upgraded from RC1 to RC3, via the "update" option.
Since the update, I can not play any avi/divx/xvid files. Sometimes I get a black screen with no audio but usually just nothing happens. My vfd display says that the file is playing, well, selected but stuck at "00.00" time.
Graphedit will connect to the remote graph and has the correct codecs for playback listed. All of these files play fine with Windows Media Player.
All other files are fine - mkv, dvd, mp3, flac, tv (live and recorded).
I tried to create logs but the log capture comes up with an error saying Windows failed to report any error.
Any ideas?
Steve

MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC3
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide (modified Basic Home)
Windows Version: Vista Home Premium 32 bit
CPU Type: Intel Core2 Duo 2.4 E6600
HDD: Seagate 320g SATA2
Memory: 2g Kingston DDR2 800
Motherboard: ASUS P5W DH Deluxe
Video Card: nvidia 8600GTS
Video Card Driver: 191
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: DNTV Live Hybrid
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PDVD9
MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3 Filter
h.264 Video Codec: MPC-HC
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC20M-B
Cooling:
Power Supply: Enermax Liberty 620W
Remote: Philips ProntoNG TSU7000
TV: Sony SXRD KS70R200
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI=>HDMI

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I tried to create logs but the log capture comes up with an error saying Windows failed to report any error.
    So you clicked on debug mode in the start menu, this should bring up a menu (did this happen?) then choose the report bug option. This will then launch MP and you can then attempt to play your file. This should produce logs...

gusangora

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yes, that is the procedure that I followed. After attempting to play a file (which failed) I closed MP and then the bug reported started to gather info. After approx. 2 minutes, I got an error message, unhandled exception, saying Windows failed to report any errors.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    yes, that is the procedure that I followed. After attempting to play a file (which failed) I closed MP and then the bug reported started to gather info. After approx. 2 minutes, I got an error message, unhandled exception, saying Windows failed to report any errors.
    That is odd...

After this happens can you re-open debug mode and select the option to gather whatever logs are there. Does this throw an exception?

gusangora

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    sorry for the delayed response, I had to revert to RC1 for usability (family were going to kill me!).
    I have just tried to upgrade to RC4 and same issue. The exception report re-appears if I ask it to gather whatever logs are there, saying Windows did not find any errors (or words to that effect).
    I then tried a fresh install and tested again, leaving all the MP config at default settings. This time it played the problem files, so success.
    However, if I change the Video Codecs setting for MPEG-2 Video Decoder from MPC (Gabest) to Cyberlink PowerDVD 8, then the non-playback issue re-appears.
    So, it seems that the problem is related to the Cyberlink codec within MP. Interesting that it works with RC1 but not RC2, RC3 nor RC4. Also, as I mentioned, plays fine in Graphedit using the cyberlink codec.
    What now?
    Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom