«No free disk space» on NAS timeshifting folder after Win10 Upgrade (1 Viewer)

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    After upgrading my TV server machine to Windows 10, MP server is not able to timeshift to my Synology NAS anymore. I am able to access the timeshift folder from the server machine using windows explorer. Changing the timeshift folder to a local directory works.

I can reproduce the behaviour by changing the timeshift folder in the MP Server Configuration application to the NAS and then start timeshifting in the Manual Control section. This leads to the message «No free disk space».

Log is attached.

Thx for your support

G.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

The log file doesn't say very much... and actually the error shown is for cleaning the timeshift files after timeshifting is stopped.

Remember that the TV Server runs using a system account, which is different to the account you're using when you browse through Windows Explorer. Your account can have permission while TV Server's does not, and that would explain the problem.

So, my suggestions are:
    1. Check that the account which the TV service is using has permission to access the NAS share. If that doesn't help...
    2. Post full TV Server debug log files so we can check for error codes etc.
    Regards,
    mm

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thanks MM.

I could solve the issue by running the TV service under a different account and give this account permissions on my NAS.

I am just a bit confused as this used to work with the service account so far... Unfortunately, I changed to Win 10 and updated the Synonlogy NAS to the most current version at the same time. So it's difficult to see what caused the different behaviour.

G.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I could solve the issue by running the TV service under a different account and give this account permissions on my NAS.
    Great! :)

I am just a bit confused as this used to work with the service account so far... Unfortunately, I changed to Win 10 and updated the Synonlogy NAS to the most current version at the same time. So it's difficult to see what caused the different behaviour.
    Yes, I can understand the difficulty.

Thanks for reporting your success. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom