No indication of overlapping recording broadcastings (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok, I think the second break is needed, HomeY tested it in long/large and post result on Jira :)
    I will try to follow step from RUE but i need EPG working lol

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok :)

I have do some test :), until i select 'skip conflicting recording(s)' line, when i try to schedule a record in the same row as the first i schedule, it always show up the conflict windows :

upload_2015-1-10_11-38-36.png

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hmm :) Maybe skin need to be corrected but that another story, it seems that now it ask me what to do, i didn't close or restart MP.

upload_2015-1-10_11-39-21.png

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tested with new branch, and now it's working for me. I get the popup when a conflict hits. That is, based on the fact that i can schedule as much recordings from the same transport stream. I'm not sure if my card is able to do that, since i've set the CAM that it can only decode 1 channel simultaneously.

And this change does indeed break TvWishList plugin (Search EPG isn't working anymore, so nothing is actually being scheduled), but i'm pretty sure huha can get that fixed.

@huha it seems that a search triggered from either the Client or directly in TvServer TvWishList plugin doesn't schedule the recording. I've attached the debug Server logs for you. Let me know if you need anything else!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not sure if my card is able to do that, since i've set the CAM that it can only decode 1 channel simultaneously.
    Unfortunately the conflict detection logic does not take the CAM limit into account. We would need to add that feature for it to work.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Unfortunately the conflict detection logic does not take the CAM limit into account. We would need to add that feature for it to work.
    That explains a lot...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That is something I could probably add for TVE 3.5. Already added support for conflict detection with hybrid tuners (another limitation in TVE 3). In general though, the whole conflict detection approach feels quite limited simply by virtue of the fact that it only runs when you add a new schedule. That can't work very well for some current scheduling capabilities (eg. a "record any time..." schedule) when the times of matching programs vary, and it doesn't translate well for schedule rules either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom