'No Items!' Displayed When Selecting A Customized View (1 Viewer)

cesser00

Portal Member
January 30, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi All

I'm running MP-TVSeries 3.5.0.2028 on Mediaportal 1.3.0.0. I've never tried to create a customized TV-Series view, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

I've added a new view under the 'Views/Filters' tab and have added certain series from my list of available tv series (all located on a separate network file server) to this view by checking them off. However, when selecting this view inside of Mediaportal, instead of displaying the tv series that are associated with the view, the message 'No Items!' is displayed.

Selecting the default 'All' view works just fine, as it always has.

Not sure why this won't work, and after a search of the forum I didn't come across anyone else with this issue either. I actually have 2 separate HTPC's with the same configuration and both have this same issue.

Any help appreciated. Thanks inadvance!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    "No Items!" is exactly what it means, the filter/view you have configured failed to find any matches.

So you have to verify your view configuration. Did you actually edit the view and add checkboxes to the series you want to manually include, or are you using an auto-view that works? Try some of the default views otherwise.

cesser00

Portal Member
    January 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Hi RoChess

Yes, I have added certain series to that customized view. I first tried checking off just one series to that new view, no luck. I then selected all series to that customized view and still get the No Items! message. So for some reason that view isn't displaying anything I select.

The only view I've ever used prior to today is the 'All' view, and that has worked just fine for the past couple years or so (never had a problem).

Here are screenshots showing the config of the view in the plugin and the view when selected inside of Mediaportal:

config.jpg

mp.jpg

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Do any of the other views work? Try genres, latest, recently added, etc.

I've got about 12 custom views myself and make big usage of them, infact the 'All' view has long since been disabled in favor of custom views. It is used to have a somewhat multi-user type of setup working. It also makes it easier to navigate 300+ series.

PS: SQL uses the ' char for special usages, this should normally be escaped and not cause any problems when you use, but it could be at play. Try a view just called "Carl" to test.

Last edited:

cesser00

Portal Member
    January 30, 2013
    Home Country
    SQL uses the ' char for special usages, this should normally be escaped and not cause any problems when you use, but it could be at play. Try a view just called "Carl" to test.

Success!! That was it! Thank you very much :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Please add this as an issue to the Issue Tracker so I can remember to fix it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom