[solved] No Live TV in MP2.2 Client - Can TEST Successfully in "MediaPortal 2 TV Configuration" utility (2 Viewers)

Eddy White

Portal Member
April 2, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I upgraded from MP 2.1 to 2.2 this weekend.
I went through and reconfigured everything. The utility can confirm I can see and hear without issues, but once in MP2 Client, the video either freezes in place or goes blank.
I had no issues with this until after the upgrade. I am hoping that the attached logs will give a direction of the issue. I am running on a Win 10 Pro 64Bit OS on a NUC PC with 8GB RAM, i5-7260U CPU 2.21 GHz

I am contemplating to revert back to MP 2.1 and get back to where I was working.
Any clue would be appreciated.
E

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-02-18-19.21.04.zip
    2 MB

Eddy White

Portal Member
April 2, 2017
Home Country
Update: I cannot play any recorded video through the client either.
I can show and play externally, but not through the MP 2.2 client.

Eddy White

Portal Member
April 2, 2017
Home Country
Up and running. Sharing with everyone.
After upgrade, it had "enable refresh rate change" enabled under Video Player in settings.
I disabled it and now have video and sound for all channels.
Also, I found that MP2.2 Client has to run under Administrator, probably due that the program is not "signed"
Once I disabled the setting and restarted the client as Administrator, all is well

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Up and running. Sharing with everyone.
    After upgrade, it had "enable refresh rate change" enabled under Video Player in settings.
    I disabled it and now have video and sound for all channels.
    @morpheus_xx I asked this already before, it seems, that the Refreshrate changer is by default set to to true on even upgrades. That should never happen, no settings should be changed on an upgrade. Could you please set it generally to false. I'd even say, that it should be completely removed from installer until the trouble with latest windows 10 versions is solved. The refresh rate plugin is currently not usable.

Also, I found that MP2.2 Client has to run under Administrator, probably due that the program is not "signed"
    Once I disabled the setting and restarted the client as Administrator, all is well
    The client must generally not run with admin rights. Maybe it was just luck when you tried it.

Eddy White

Portal Member
    April 2, 2017
    Home Country
    I will revisit the Administrator execution and share later. I know I had the settings config screen freeze on me and had to kill the application. I tried to start it back up and could not start it up unless it was executed as Administrator.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    it seems, that the Refreshrate changer is by default set to to true on even upgrades. That should never happen, no settings should be changed on an upgrade. Could you please set it generally to false
    In fact the settings are not changed, so everything is as expected. If you don't believe, check MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2. The "IsEnabled" property is "true" since 2014.

What did change in mean time are operating systems. Windows 7 still worked good, Windows 10 broke RRC in some update, code was fixed to work with newer Windows 10 versions and so on.

The other variables are graphic card drivers, direct show filters. I never have been a fan of RRC (or in need to use it), in contrast to others who "require it in any case".

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In fact the settings are not changed, so everything is as expected. If you don't believe, check MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2. The "IsEnabled" property is "true" since 2014.

What did change in mean time are operating systems. Windows 7 still worked good, Windows 10 broke RRC in some update, code was fixed to work with newer Windows 10 versions and so on.

The other variables are graphic card drivers, direct show filters. I never have been a fan of RRC (or in need to use it), in contrast to others who "require it in any case".
    I believe this, but my point is completely different :) I faced the same problem when I updated by main HTPC by MP2.2 installer. The setting was off (intentionally set be me) and after upgrade it was suddenly on.
    1) The installer should keep settings and not touch them.
    2) The value should be by default „disabled“

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1) The installer should keep settings and not touch them.
    That's the case. But when looking to the linked settings, I see that they are in User scope. So when you enable user management and use different profiles, always the defaults will be applied. So I think that might explain your noticed behavior.

2) The value should be by default „disabled“
    I have no problem to set it disabled as default and probably also change to System scope instead of User. Can you add a Jira for it? Will make this change in 2.2.1

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's the case. But when looking to the linked settings, I see that they are in User scope. So when you enable user management and use different profiles, always the defaults will be applied. So I think that might explain your noticed behavior.
    That could be a reason, because user management was introduced. Strange thing for me is that I upgraded from a previous MP2.2 version with user management to the final version once. Anyhow my settings were changed.

I have no problem to set it disabled as default and probably also change to System scope instead of User. Can you add a Jira for it? Will make this change in 2.2.1
    That would be probably better. Ok, I’ll create a Jira for that later and assign you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom