No luck with Live TV+ LAV/Lav Cuda + TsReader 59c (1 Viewer)

gumdigger

Portal Member
July 16, 2008
Hi

Having no luck with Live TV and LAV. I have tried Lavcuvid 0.13 and LAVFilters-0.51.3-118. Using Lav i get few seconds of playback then picture freezing begins, Lavcuvid i get pixelation all the way. I have been through two threads which talk about tsreader.ax. I have replaced the existing file with whats in TsReader_noStopMod59c.zip what could be going wrong?

Last edited:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Are you using the latest driver, because I cannot with my GT220, for me it bluescreens, but as the nvidia forum is still down, cannot say if there are other side effects to end users :(

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Gumdigger - your dxdiag.txt lists two monitors - do you actually have both monitors active ?

From the logs, it's not able to decode and de-interlace the video quickly enough - with CUVID or DXVA this is all done by the video card, and this might be more than a GT430 can handle with two monitors active.

You could also (for CUVID) try disabling 'use high quality processing' in LAV video settings.

Tony

gumdigger

Portal Member
    July 16, 2008
    Gumdigger - your dxdiag.txt lists two monitors - do you actually have both monitors active ?

From the logs, it's not able to decode and de-interlace the video quickly enough - with CUVID or DXVA this is all done by the video card, and this might be more than a GT430 can handle with two monitors active.

You could also (for CUVID) try disabling 'use high quality processing' in LAV video settings.

Tony
    The other Monitor is my projector, which is never ON at the same time as my TV. However i tried disabling it but still same result. I also tried selecting CUVID and disabled high quality processing but same results once again.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Is this problem specific to LAV ? (do other DXVA decoders work OK e.g. PowerDVD ?)

When did it start going wrong i.e. have you changed anything in the system recently ?

I've used LAV video decoder in CUVID and DXVA2 modes for H.264 HDTV (1080i @ 50 Hz) for a long time on a GT430 with no real problems - in fact it's my preferred decoder for HDTV.

Tony

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Just for info, I pulled a new GT630 from my lounge based HTPC and went back to the old ATI 5550 because the drivers just kept crashing the system. I tried from version 301.x >up to 306.x and same result. Seems a bit of a waste of 60 quid - I could have spent it on beer instead. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom