MP2 - V2.1 No minimize icon in title bar when window is "always on top" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlhackque

Portal Member
June 3, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It seems that someone thought that minimize conflicts with "always on top". From a user perspective, it doesn't.

I run MP2.1 pre 2 as a small window. I "set it to always on top" so I can look at it while waiting for large compiles... But minimize it when I really need the full screen.

There is a close (X) in the right corner of the window's title bar, but no minimize (_) . There should be.

The minimize and maximize icons appear and disappear as one cycles the screen mode (Alt-Enter) from normal to always-on-top to full screen.

Workaround: I can set the Power Icon to have minimize, but there's no reason to suppress the standard minimize on the window title bar.

Side note: One reason I minimize rather than close is that starting the client takes a long time - and there's no way to suppress the full-screen SPLASH screen. (Which there should be.)

Another is that sometimes I wish to time-shift backward the live TV (which I don't wish to record.)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is a close (X) in the right corner of the window's title bar, but no minimize (_) . There should be.
    This is by design. A "Windows on top" is supposed to always stay on top. You can't combine the two properties.

tlhackque

Portal Member
    June 3, 2015
    Home Country
    >> You can't combine the two properties.

But I can. Even with MP.

Enable "minimize" for the Power Icon. (settings general system shutdown "minimize MediaPortal".)

With the window in "always on top", click the power icon, then "minimize". The window will minimize. And when re-opened, will end up "always on top" again.

So why can't I do this from the title bar?

"Always on top" means "always on top when visible"; it doesn't mean that it can't be minimized...

While I can use the power icon, it's more clicks - and with a small window, easy to select the wrong option.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your proposals are always welcome, however, this is the bug section and I trust that we agree that this is not a bug.

So why can't I do this from the title bar?.
    Please open a thread in the "Feature Request" section.

tlhackque

Portal Member
    June 3, 2015
    Home Country
    We don't agree on that characterization.

MP2 is expected to conform to the standard Windows UI.

I consider it a bug that the code removed a standard windows UI component (minimize) for no reason.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom