No OSD :( (1 Viewer)

Joe Sixpack

Portal Member
January 2, 2006
As far as I can tell, it won't let you install any version over another, even if it's a newer version.

Here's what I did (it is basically working now, btw) -

Did a System Restore (via windows) to roll back registry, settings, etc... to a time when I know it worked.
Installed drivers, .net, etc.. and MP 1.2 - OSD works fine. There is some flickering when the channel changes, but it basically works.
Uninstalled 1.2, went to 1.3. No OSD.
Went to 0.2 RC1, O.2 RC2, latest CVS, no OSD on any of them.
Played around with 1.2, and the only way the OSD works on MyTV is when Video Rendered is set to Overlay. There are 2 VMR9 options, and neither one of them fix the problem. Exclusive DirectX mode doesn't help, nor does any other setting I could see.

I'm a bit tired of messing with it at this point, so I will probably just stay at 1.2, even with the little eccentricities unless someone has a suggestion that doesn't require me spending money :)

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Joe Sixpack said:
    As far as I can tell, it won't let you install any version over another, even if it's a newer version.

Yes, but an uninstall does not delete any content of the MP directory. This can lead to not fitting config / database files and so to big problems...

Flip

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom