No recorded TV thumbs (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Al settings are right, but still no thumbs:s Is this a skin related problem, or a problem of fanart scrabber.. I have no idea..

if your TV recordings do NOT have a thumbnail in listview, in Blue3Wide, then no skin can fix it. It's a matter of either mtn.exe not being able to process your recordings, or a misconfiguration in MediaPortal. Start by checking the folders where default thumbnails are stored - This is in the recording folder (the one where your recordings are stored).

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have good news..

I am now using for the record as tvserver, with the argus tv plugin, and now the thumbnails are working! So, for me, this problem is solved.

Thanks everybody for the replies..

Greetz

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    powermarcel10, its most likely a mediaportal problem being unable to generate the thumbnails. Did you see them in Recorded TV section? Do you see them on disk?

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Damien,

The thumbnails are not in the recorded tv section, so mediaportal can't generate them I gues.

Grtz.

dangerzone

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    delft
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i changed the view in, tv/recordings to big icons and the thumbnails where generated and visible in last recordings from streamedmp.
    hope this helps.

rojoyinc

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2010
    seems to be a weakness in the creator app. I added channel logos and it now at least defaults to a log rather than blank space. Living with this for a while.
    Other more advanced issues to deal with first.

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Suppose that the generation of thumbnails is responsible external utility mtn.exe. Have tried many options in the configuration settings in Thumbnail and Video section. Without success. Then I concentrated on where the thumbnail file should be located and copied a trial picture there. Name of picture must be same as name of file with TV record. And it started working! Trial picture was displayed at right place in recording screen. Finally tried start manually mtn.exe with the appropriate parameters at which point I got the actualy thumbnails for all recordings. Yes, I know it's not very clean solution, but it is a good starting point for further investigation.

For those who want to hunt with me a few facts:
    • Thumbnails file location, MediaPortal data path: ...\MediaPortal\thumbs\tv\Recorded
    • Name of thumbnail file <name of recording>.jpg, probably other picture formats are possible
    • Records file location is defines in TvServer configuration. For multiseat configuration must be created a share!
    • Mtn.exe location, MediaPortal program path: ...\MediaPortal\MovieThumbnailer
    • Mtn.exe parameters, see its help, for input use <records file location> for output use <thumbnails file location>
    Now I want to test the possibility of periodic launching the mtn.exe and the possibility of practical using:
    • conflicts by the unfinished recording
    • optimal set of mtn.exe parameters
    • a script for cleaning up unnecessary thumbnails (thumbnails of deleted recordings)
    In conclusion I would like to say that this solution understood as temporary and believe that further Media Portal revisions this problem will be solved by any standard way.

Welcome your ideas and experiences.

JiRo.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Any news on this? I'm back to mediaportal TV server, and again, No thumnails..

I have changed the view to big icon, like whatdangerzone sais, but no luck..

I'm using mediaportal 1.2.0 beta, with the latest streamedMP..

djcla

Portal Member
    October 13, 2009
    im not seeing them either same versions mp and streamedMP as you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom