No Search in Guide? (1 Viewer)

stimpyfuz

July 30, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Can't find the Search feature in the Guide. Seems silly, but I don't see it in the Menu off the Guide screen (just "Playlist") and it isn't on the TV home screen. Attached screenshots for clarity. If this doesn't exist in SlimTV, are there other plugins that are more robust (WMC-like)? Should I be using MP1?

Attachments

• TV Home.JPG
    TV Home.JPG
    127.3 KB
  • TV Guide Menu.JPG
    TV Guide Menu.JPG
    128.7 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You are right, a search in guide is not yet implemented. But it's not difficult to do so, maybe I find time to include it soon.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    MP2 is on alpha stage.
    Please don't confuse new people with such statements. It scares new user from trying MP2, because they think its unstable/unusable. I know your aversion to MP2, but you should let people decide what's best for each. Some WMC users are very happy with the current state of MP2. Since at least the SR15 Release MP2 is not in alpha stage anymore. It lacks features (compared to MP1), but its definitely not unstable.
    Thank you.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    In fact, I think some users could be confused by MP2
    Honestly, if I'd come to MP site for the first time I'd choose to download MP2 over MP1 since it looks like last version vs previous version from outside.
    And if you chose product with less features it's your right. BTW If you think I'm talking about MP2 without trying you will be wrong. I tried it several times without luck. It was a pretty hard task just to install it and make service run. So i can't recommend it for ne users both from my own view and from what I've read in Newcomers forum. Sad but true.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can not compare the recent build with something a year ago...
    I've installed MP2 on a completely fresh Win10 yesterday. The only thing I had to do was downloading the instraller and run it. Only one decision is to made during install, if you want Server, client or both. The Service is started automatically and you instantly can start configuring TV (same complicated stuff as MP1 as it is in fact the MP1 TV Server config tool). The rest of the config is done in GUI and is easy as 1, 2, 3...

If you are not able to get MP2 running, I don't understand how, It looks nearly impossible for me to get it not running..

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    Sooner or later we'll have another " mine is better, No mine is..."
    If somebody knows barely how to set up WMC and tries to work with MP2, he/she will go nuts and quit. That's not the fault of MP2, it's just the way it is.
    MP1, as bad as it still is, makes it a lot easier for NON-IT people to set it up.
    And before you all go after me, yes, I have MP1 running the way it think it should, and I failed miserably in several tries with MP2. Is that MP2's fault? No, I am too stupid. But so are a lot of others too.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    Ok, lets slow down.....
    While there have been Good and Bad comments about MP1 and MP2, the end result is what the user makes of it.
    If someone really wants to open a topic discussing the positive and negative of each, then so be it.
    Matter of fact, maybe such a conversation would be helpful to both developers and testers (giving each something un-thought of to look at).

But having this discussion in a thread where-as someone came looking for help does not do anyone any good (including the user wanting help) and it just makes everyone look bad.

Now, seeing morpheus_xx answered the question right from the start, can we move on please
    :D

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP1, as bad as it still is, makes it a lot easier for NON-IT people to set up.
    The second part is not true. All that one can say here.

f somebody knows barely how to set up WMC and tries to work with MP2,
    How do you think a WMC Guy will find the external configuration of the client and the need to install 3rd party plugins for basic operations that MP1 needs (TVSeries, Fanart. Handler,...)???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom