No Search in Guide? (1 Viewer)

spachti

Portal Pro
July 27, 2005
Bible Belt
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I don't want to go into a shouting match with the test group here, but until a couple weeks ago the standard answer was, that doesn't work right now, this and that needs tweaking and so on. Even the TO asks a question about something which is not implemented yet.
Now imagine somebody new coming here and reads all that. Is MP2 getting better? For sure. Is it ready for prime time? Not by a long shot.

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
April 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Understand me. I'm not complaining, just trying to help.

I, too, had trouble with MP2. For me, the fact that "settings" is off-screen (you have to scroll down) in the skin I chose (the one that looks like Titan) was the "aha" that finally allowed me to proceed. Once I got past that, setup was OK. (Perhaps the height of the buttons could be reduced a bit so the next lower row is just starting to show, thus giving a hint that there's stuff down there.)

There's one other skin problem that was serious for me. I can't remember which one it is, but there's one skin that cannot be unchosen if you're a mouse user. So if you choose it and don't like it, you can't get back.

Also the use of the term playlist *everywhere you look* caused me much confusion -- what's a playlist in this context, or that one?

There is also a problem I reported with Dynamic Refresh Rate that makes MP2 unusable in the US. (From my experience.) https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp2-doesnt-play-ts-files-well.130688/

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can't find the Search feature in the Guide. Seems silly, but I don't see it in the Menu off the Guide screen (just "Playlist") and it isn't on the TV home screen. Attached screenshots for clarity. If this doesn't exist in SlimTV, are there other plugins that are more robust (WMC-like)? Should I be using MP1?
    You are right, a search in guide is not yet implemented. But it's not difficult to do so, maybe I find time to include it soon.

You demanded it, so here it is:
    01_tvhome.jpg

02_search_and_record.jpg

So in next public build (>= 2015-08-04) you can use this feature also in MP2.

This also means for new users: keep your ideas coming, they are welcome and have good chance to get implemented! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom