[solved] No Signal issue after loosing ITV HD (1 Viewer)

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I'm not quite sure what I've done, but somehow I seem to have broken our Mediaportal installation.

I'm running it as a TV server on WHS2011 as I have been for years, with two separate W10 boxes for watching TV on. I always keep it up to date, so currently on version 1.25, and using TBS 6985 Quad DVBS/S2 tuner, which again I've had for years.

Tuesday night I added another channel to what I call out standard channel group, and then added a series to record, cant see that this would of caused any issues, but thought it worth mentioning.

Wednesday night I noticed that ITV HD was missing its guide, tried watching that channel, but it wouldn't tune either. So I started checking things, and set TV Server configuration to scan for channels - at some point during the scan the computer crashed, this was caused by the TV cards driver, it does this occasionally. Rescanning again returned no signal for every frequency scanned. I'm in the UK so have selected 28.2E Astra., and updated the satellite list.

1601580055937.png

I did try to manually add this channel last night as well, but wasn't sure on some settings, so it didn't work or could just have been already broken by that point.

Eventually I gave up last night, went and watched some recorded TV, but this stopped around the time I was having the tuning issues, and now every channel has no signal.

If I'm on the manual control tab I can see it cycling through the tuners every so often.

Tonight I've downloaded and installed the demo version of DVBViewer Pro, this scans and find multiple channels and I can watch them, so this confirms that the tuners are working, and that I'm receiving a signal. I've tried reinstalling MP just in case, but no difference, I've looked through the logs but can't spot anything obvious to me.

Anybody any idea's as to what I'm doing wrong please?

Attachments

• MP Logs.7z
      103.8 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've tried reinstalling MP just in case, but no difference,
    Unfortunately, MP no longer has an active developer who knows anything about "TV Server". So the likelihood of finding a solution is not great. :(

I looked at your logs, but I am not an expert and I did not notice anything suspicious.

As "DvbViewer" can operate the tuners successfully, the only suggestion I have is that your "TV Server" databases have become corrupt and need to be "reset" (I think "reset" is a synonym for "deleted"). Note that re-installing MP preserves your databases, so re-installing MP does not reset them.

To be completely sure that you have reset the databases, I think that you should explicitly uninstall MP, and then search the C: drive for all folders with "MediaPortal" in the name and delete them. You need to do this in both "ProgramData" and "Program Files" (or the "X86" version thereof), so you need to set your folder options so that these folders are visible (they are normally hidden). You might also need to "Run as Administrator".

A further cleansing would be to search the Registry and delete all of the trees and keys that have "MediaPortal" in the name.

The ultimate cleansing would be to do the same for MySQL (uninstall, delete folders, cleanse Registry), in case any of the MP table definitions have become corrupt. Of course, you need to consider what effect this might have on other applications that use SQL on your system.

So, having tried all of that and failed to find the solution, I would suggest trying "NextPvr" :eek:. It has capabilities that are similar to MP, and is free for personal use. It may work (or, alternatively, it may suffer from the same problem as MP :().

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    @CyberSimian thank you for the reply, I was thinking of giving MP2 a go, presumably that has an active developer for TV Server?

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was thinking off giving MP2 a go, presumably that has an active developer for TV Server?
    Unfortunately not :(. MP2 uses the same "TV Server" code as MP1 (but packaged differently, so they are not interchangeable).

Nevertheless, the simple act of performing a first-time installation of MP2 (with a new copy of "TV Server") may be enough to circumvent whatever is wrong with your MP1 installation. So definitely worth trying, I think.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Ian Cathcart

May 1, 2019
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi , I am a newbie here but have been setting up a Hauppauge 6in 1 card with Digital and Terrestrial tuners and did a scan today with Astra 28.2 and can confirm that ITV hd is working if that is of any help . Am using MP2
    #

From Eno808 on Planet Earth

Ronski

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had firewall issues with MP2, the client could not see the server unless I turned the firewall off on the server, all rules seemed present and correct, so I eventually uninstalled MP2 as I needed a working system pretty quickly.

I reinstalled MP1 which scanned and tuned channels without issue, but I did have trouble setting up the EPG, but tonight have managed to get EPG Collector working (not used this before), so finally back to a fully functioning MP1 installation, just some little tweaks left to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom