No Signal Issue (1 Viewer)

Jason Halls

Portal Member
June 21, 2013
Nelson Bay, New South Wales
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi all,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me with an issue I am currently having with TV-Server;

The main issue I am having has only just started occuring, I had the wall outlet where the ariel plugs in for TV moved so it was behind my wall mount TV and not having a cable run up from the floor making it look un-tidy. Since that time, I can no longer receive two channels, both getting the error "No Signal"

When I attempt to re-scan for these channels, they do not get picked up and manually tuning them also does not allow them to be watched.

I thought this may have been caused by the bloke moving the outlet and called him back, he tested the signal om his meter and it came back good so we removed MP from the loop, plugging the ariel direct into the TV and all channels work without issue.

Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be?

No hardware or other changes made, so im at a loss.

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is it SBS channels that are not working? I've heard rumours of frequency changes recently, so are you 100% certain MP is scanning/tuning the correct frequencies?

Jason Halls

Portal Member
    June 21, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Actually, SBS works fine, its the fleet of ABC and NBN (Nine) channels which do not work, so essentially all of the following;

ABC1
    ABC2
    ABC3
    NBN (Nine)
    eXtra
    GEM

etc

I run off the Gan Gan transmitter in Nelson Bay and have confirmed I have the correct frequencies as per this site - http://ozdigitaltv.com/transmitters/NSW/87-Nelson-Bay

I have the latest stable release of MP coupled with the TV Server.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmm, okay.

What brand/model of tuner do you have?
    Are you able to post your TV Server log files?
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
    3. Zip up the files you find there and post/attach the zip file here.

Jason Halls

Portal Member
    June 21, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK, reporting in to advise that this issue is now resolved.

The problem was indeed in the signal side of things, but here is the strange bit, the signal was too strong. After the bloke replaced the internal cable, it made the signal too strong and didnt work. He removed the booster and all channels now working perfectly!!

Thanks all

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for reporting back Jason. (y)
    I must confess at first look your logs had me stumped. I came back to say that and obviously you have a solution... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom