No Signal on Tuner Cards - Clean Install MP 1.16

Discussion in 'Installation, configuration support' started by porky996t, July 29, 2017.

1. porky996t
    • Premium Supporter

porky996t MP Donator

Chartered Surveyor
    Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Show System Specs
    Hi Guys,

I'm in the middle of doing a clean install of MP 1.16, and when I come to scan both my tuner cards, there is no signal whatsover showing on either card when scanned. One card is a Quad DVB-T/T2 (TBS 6284) and the other is a Quad DVB-S/S2 (TBS 6984). I find this quite odd, as these two cards have worked flawlessly for around 4-5 years, and for both to be showing 'No Signal' is a little strange.

I have removed and re-installed the drivers, and also swapped PCIe slots too for them and still the same result.

I'd be grateful of any advice,

(attached are logs - most recent scan was at 12:58)

Thank you in advance,

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,196 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Tuner loading is completely failing because TsWriter is missing:
    Show Spoiler

[2017-07-29 12:58:26,301] [Log ] [32 ] [INFO ] - dvb: Add Mediaportal TsWriter filter
    [2017-07-29 12:58:26,301] [Log ] [32 ] [ERROR] - Exception :confused:ystem.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {FC50BED6-FE38-42D3-B831-771690091A6E} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(RuntimeType objectType)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.CreateInstance(RuntimeType serverType)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.IsCurrentContextOK(RuntimeType serverType, Object[] props, Boolean bNewObj)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.AddTsWriterFilterToGraph()
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBT.BuildGraph()

Possibly you didn't install TV Server with admin privileges, or you (Windows update) removed/changed TsWriter pre-requisites after TV Server installed... or maybe you're using a non-standard version of TV Server?

I suggest full product cleanup, then reinstall standard MP/TV Server with admin privileges.

4. porky996t
    • Premium Supporter

porky996t MP Donator

Chartered Surveyor
    Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Show System Specs
    Thanks MM,

I'll do a full clean re-install and see what happens from there. I did use the Sky EPG Grabber version that @Brownard had worked on, so that may be the problem. I'll re-install using the stock MP 1.16, then re-install over that with the Skt Grabber version.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm very grateful.

5. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,196 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I suspected you might have been.

Please, if you're using a non-standard version of MP, the only place to get support is from the person who provided that version to you. That's team policy. Please respect it. Thanks for your understanding.

6. porky996t
    • Premium Supporter

porky996t MP Donator

Chartered Surveyor
    Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Show System Specs
    I did a clean uninstall, cleared everything inc SQL - downloaded and installed the 'regular' MP 1.16 and still the same thing happening when scanning.

I'm just formatting the SSD now and will start from a clean install of Win7. There is some junk on the server that I didn't use anyway, so hopefully, that should sort it.

Thanks again.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!