No Signal on Tuner Cards - Clean Install MP 1.16 (1 Viewer)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

I'm in the middle of doing a clean install of MP 1.16, and when I come to scan both my tuner cards, there is no signal whatsover showing on either card when scanned. One card is a Quad DVB-T/T2 (TBS 6284) and the other is a Quad DVB-S/S2 (TBS 6984). I find this quite odd, as these two cards have worked flawlessly for around 4-5 years, and for both to be showing 'No Signal' is a little strange.

I have removed and re-installed the drivers, and also swapped PCIe slots too for them and still the same result.

I'd be grateful of any advice,

(attached are logs - most recent scan was at 12:58)

Thank you in advance,

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Tuner loading is completely failing because TsWriter is missing:
    [collapse]
    [2017-07-29 12:58:26,301] [Log ] [32 ] [INFO ] - dvb: Add Mediaportal TsWriter filter
    [2017-07-29 12:58:26,301] [Log ] [32 ] [ERROR] - Exception :confused:ystem.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {FC50BED6-FE38-42D3-B831-771690091A6E} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(RuntimeType objectType)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.CreateInstance(RuntimeType serverType)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.IsCurrentContextOK(RuntimeType serverType, Object[] props, Boolean bNewObj)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.AddTsWriterFilterToGraph()
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBT.BuildGraph()[/collapse]

Possibly you didn't install TV Server with admin privileges, or you (Windows update) removed/changed TsWriter pre-requisites after TV Server installed... or maybe you're using a non-standard version of TV Server?

I suggest full product cleanup, then reinstall standard MP/TV Server with admin privileges.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks MM,

I'll do a full clean re-install and see what happens from there. I did use the Sky EPG Grabber version that @Brownard had worked on, so that may be the problem. I'll re-install using the stock MP 1.16, then re-install over that with the Skt Grabber version.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm very grateful.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I did use the Sky EPG Grabber version that @Brownard had worked on, so that may be the problem. I'll re-install using the stock MP 1.16, then re-install over that with the Skt Grabber version.
    I suspected you might have been.

Please, if you're using a non-standard version of MP, the only place to get support is from the person who provided that version to you. That's team policy. Please respect it. Thanks for your understanding.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I did a clean uninstall, cleared everything inc SQL - downloaded and installed the 'regular' MP 1.16 and still the same thing happening when scanning.

I'm just formatting the SSD now and will start from a clean install of Win7. There is some junk on the server that I didn't use anyway, so hopefully, that should sort it.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom