No sound, one channel (added logs) (1 Viewer)

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the audio card driver, and then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling MP (but not at the most complete of the three uninstall options). No change--audio in left channel only, only with MP (all other applications fine).

So I'm giving up. I just did a complete MP uninstall, and maybe at some point I will reinstall, but for the moment I've had it. A shame, because MP, as I had it set up, was much preferable to WinTV, in lots of ways.

N

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Country flag
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling soundcard driver-interface, and then also uninstalling and reinstalling MP, including the most complete uninstall option, and then reinstalling MP 1.28. No changes. Still do not get stereo audio. In answer to a question above, problem is there for other sources, as well (e.g., playing an audio CD). And audio is still fine in TV Server Configuration preview mode, but not once I open MP proper. Completely stumped. Looks like I have to stop using MP.

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Country flag
    I completely uninstalled MP1 and installed MP2. Audio is now good. I'm relieved, and I suppose a little glad to have been forced to make the switch, because I'm already liking MP2 more. But still, the original problem remains a frustrating mystery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

WinTV v10 TV server may have the tv cards locked.
    WinTV v10 TV server may have the tv cards locked.
    I recently tried to test the MP 1.29 Pre-release, to find out the MySQL Server 5.6 won't install & connect host to my TV Tuner...
    Replies
    Views
    Well I gave in and reinstalled the machine from scratch. All working properly again now, which is good, but a shame I couldn't find out what was actually wrong. Windows updates turned off for now just in case...
    Well I gave in and reinstalled the machine from scratch. All working properly again now, which is good, but a shame I couldn't...
    I've got a weird problem with my single-seat MP installation. Recently (a few days ago) it stopped being able to receive any...
    Replies
    Views
    So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model Object Manager. As soon as they are disabled TV server will always show "port 554 is already bound". Enabling/disabling events is done by this reg key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\CIMOM]...
    So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model...
    I've got a Digital Devices Cine S2 V7A Twin and a DigitalEverywhere FloppyDTV for Satellite TV. I've been running MediaPortal 1.4.0...
    Replies
    Views
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.29 The Phantom Menace Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog not switch Mediaportal log to Debug level [MP1-5082] - Error when MP restart [MP1-5086] - XMLTV Import error - An item with the same key has already been added. Since Pre-Release : [MP1-5089] - MpurlSourceSplitter...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.29 The Phantom Menace Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog not switch...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.29 The Phantom Menace Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5081] - WatchDog not switch...
    Replies
    Views
    I just found this: On the German page of the PCTV application (only on the German page and not on the driver pages :rolleyes:): TVC 6.4.8 Download (pctvsystems.com) My English translation: I didn't test it because I already switched to another TV card (so I found this piece of information to late) but maybe this can help others...
    I just found this: On the German page of the PCTV application (only on the German page and not on the driver pages :rolleyes:)...
    Hello Yesterday, I updated my computer running MediaPortal Client and TVServer (and also occasionally providing another laptop...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom