No sound, one channel (added logs) (1 Viewer)

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am running 1.29 Pre-release on Windows 10 Pro. I use MP only to watch TV through my Hauppauge tuner card. I am suddenly getting audio only in the left channel, and only in MediaPortal (in all other programs audio is fine). Also, if I preview a channel in TV Server Configuration, I get both audio channels, but then not if I then watch the same channel with MP. I downloaded WinTV and tested, and audio works fine through it. So not a hardware problem. I've checked are rechecked, and Windows balance controls, general and for MP, are set correctly. Very mysterious. I did an "optional" Windows 10 update yesterday (the only thing I can think of that might be different the last few days).

Any ideas? Thanks much, N.

Edit: Attached are logs from MP WatchDog. I reinstalled MP 1.29 pre-release, but same story: I have stereo audio in TV Server Configuration, but only the left channel when I open MP.

Further edit: The problem may have dated from the same day I updated optional Windows 10 update KB5004296.. One of the matters the update supposedly addresses: "Addresses an issue that incorrectly routes some audio channels when streaming using certain fixed channel layouts."

Also, I reverted to MP 1.28; same problem.

And a yet further edit: I uninstalled the optional Windows update. Problem persists.

Hope someone can help on this. Thanks, N.

Attachments

• MP_Logs_DESKTOP-U8FHLEG_21_08_06_08_21.zip
      71.6 KB
    Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am using 1.29 pre and have no problems with TV stereo audio though I have not yet been offered Win 10 update KB 5004296. Is the problem only on TV audio i.e. videos/movies etc play stereo OK? If the answer is yes then please take a look at TV Codecs in Mp Config. and make sure either the default sound device or the sound device you want to use (if it is not the Win 10 default) is selected. Do not use the Media Portal Audio Renderer for TV it can cause problems but works great elsewhere, see 1st screenshot below.
    If that is OK please check the LAV decoder is selected for all audio and make sure both the Audio Settings and Mixing match your audio setup, see 2nd screenshot below.
    Sorry if you have already done this but it was not clear in the OP.

aud1.jpgaud2.jpg

Last edited:

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks much, joecrow. I was a away for a few days, but returned today and tried your suggestions (I had not previously messed with the renderer settings). I tried various settings, but nothing changes. Still no stereo (though I do get stereo in preview mode in TV Server Configuration.

Do not get stereo when playing back videos, either.

N.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again
    Please can you set up the LAV audio to "Enable the System Tray Icon" as shown in the first screenshot below then play TV or a vid in MP and click on the LAV audio icon in the system tray (maybe hidden) and take a look at the "Status" while playing to determine if the output is stereo, as per the 2nd screenshot below. It would also be very useful if you would post screenshots of both the tabs here.
    aud2.jpg aud1.jpg

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Ok, done, and thanks much. See below. The status shows stereo, but the interface for my EVGA Nu Audio card shows just left channel (see below). Would seem to be, then, a problem between MP and my sound card driver? I don't have the problem with any other application. No other audio glitches elsewhere.

Forum1.png

Forum2.png
    Forum3.png

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Given that it has worked in the past and there have been no other MP reports of this kind, it may well be that the KB 5004296 update screwed something up, btw I have still not been offered that update on either of my PCs, update KB5005033 installed today, strange!
    Do you get stereo if you play music from MP? Do you have the same problem with headphones?
    About the only thing I can think of is to uninstall the audio driver and reinstall. If the installed version is very new maybe try going back to a previous version.
    Sorry but beyond that I am at a loss as to what to suggest next.

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Ok, thanks for your efforts. Not sure what I'm gonna do. Hate to lose MP, but as is now ain't gonna work.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did take a look at your logs but did not see anything amiss but I'm no expert, maybe someone else could take a look @Sebastiii ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Not sure what happen too, all looks ok :)
    Maybe uncheck this under LAV Audio :
    1628850661971.png

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Yes, I tried unchecking "Convert Output to Standard Channel Layouts." No change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom