No sound using purevideo and DVD, fine otherwise (1 Viewer)

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
Now Im really appreciating this software and how things are working out. After using zoomplayer for reducing the priority of a lof of useless filters, I now have pure hw decoding of most of my clips. 14% Cpu usage for 1080p is sweet ;-)

However, when playing back DVDs, I cant seem to get any sound?

Graphedit seems fine,
DVD navigator (AC3) -> NVIDIA Audio Decoder (Audio output) -> Default DirectSound Device

Any hints?

regards
Knut Inge

Roger

Portal Member
October 2, 2005
When I had problem with my sound (no AC3 stream to the amp) it was solved by changing
the audio renderer from "Default DirectSound Device" to "Default WaveOut Device".

-Roger-

giovifree

Portal Member
February 7, 2005
Home Country
Italy Italy
try to start MP in a window and start dvd or other media that have problem, check if there is nvidia icon in tray area(near clock), click over nvidia icon with right mouse button and check decoder configuration in the audio section speaker configuration you must select connection receiver and after spdif cable.
if you don't see any nvidia icon during playback you don't are using nvidia codec.............

check MP configuration e/o direct show filter priority

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
giovifree:
Have allready done exactly as you suggest =) Nvidia audio was set up to stereo speakers (have not connected a surround receiver to this computer).

I have earlier had problems with MP randomly setting windows mixer levels to 0. Hards to discover since I only use the mixer present in the m-audio driver panel...

Knut

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom