1.25.0 No Sound (1 Viewer)

mickb

Portal Pro
June 8, 2005
Travelling Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi, I am at a loss as to what is going on with my installation at the moment. I was using it this morning no problems, shut it down to go out and now I have no sound. The PC audio is fine, checked the Win 7 audio mixer and everything is set to 100%. My audio works through a sound bar with an optical cable between the TV and the soundbar. MP into the TV is by HDMI. Audio work fine when watching free to air TV and in Windows, just not through MP. I haven't changed any settings in MP but checked everthing I could think of and all looked OK. When I first noticed the issue the OSD for audio was red but after rebooting that is now blue, but still no volume.

Your thoughts and advice is greatly appreciated. Also I had a query in re sub-titles and it was suggested that I check the settings in the LAV filters, can't see how to do that either if someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_20_09_20__16_20.zip
    1.2 MB

mickb

Portal Pro
June 8, 2005
Travelling Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi all, continued looking and found that windows did an update whilst I was out. Rolled the installation back and it all works again.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MP into the TV is by HDMI. Audio work fine when watching free to air TV and in Windows, just not through MP.
    I have an intermittent problem with the audio on my Windows 7 HTPC running MP 1.25. Occasionally, the HTPC wakes from hibernation, and I start MP from the desktop (I don't leave MP running when I hibernate the system), and I find that there is video but no audio. The MP volume is not muted, and none of the Windows audio controls is muted or set to 0%. Very strange. :confused:

I have not yet noticed any correlation with any particular combination of circumstances, but I found by trial and error that starting the "Nvidia Control Panel", disabling audio over HDMI and clicking "Apply", and then re-enabling audio over HDMI and clicking "Apply", restores the audio immediately. It is not even necessary to exit MP or stop MP playing video.

So I don't know whether this is an MP problem, an Nvidia problem, or a Windows problem. :confused:

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the same problem with MP1.26.
    i dont find the "Nvidia Control Panel".
    My Graphiccard is Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    i dont find the "Nvidia Control Panel".
    My Graphiccard is Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti.
    My graphics card is a GT610 (ancient!), and I am using driver package 391.35. That package includes the "NVidia Control Panel" tool, which is installed by default (I think). Right-click the Windows desktop to see if there is an entry with that name. This is the Nvidia digital-audio panel:

digital_audio.jpg

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    It dosent work. Is it possible MP1 start with a batch?
    I don't know what causes the problem on my system, but thankfully it does not occur frequently. Your problem may be different from mine. All that I can suggest as possible workarounds are:
    • If you are using Windows 10, uninstall the Windows update that Mickb found caused his problem. This might be a solution for you.
    • If you are using Windows 7, consider using an analogue audio connection between your HTPC and your amplifier, instead of a digital audio connection between your HTPC and your TV. (You might need to use a universal remote control in order to get this to work in a convenient fashion.)
    • For either OS, consider installing MP2 or NextPvr. They might not suffer from the problem that you have currently.
    You can of course start MP1 from a BAT file if that it what you want. Simply create a BAT file that invokes "MediaPortal.exe", or which invokes the MP1 shortcut. This would allow you to perform other processing each time MP starts and finishes.

This isn't of much help. Sorry. :(

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I start MP1 over GrennButon. So i dont know where i can do the batch.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I start MP1 over GrennButon. So i dont know where i can do the batch.
    If your remote control is the Ortek VRC-1100 or the Hama equivalent, you must be using the "Centarea HID" in MP, and possibly using the AutoHotKey script that I wrote for it. This script checks for the "green marble" button, and starts MP from the desktop when that button is pressed. Changing this script to invoke (say) "MediaPortal.bat" instead of "MediaPortal.exe" is trivial. (y)

If your remote control is an MCE RC6 remote control, it is not so easy :(. I looked in the help for AutoHotKey, but there does not seem to be a pre-defined keycode for the green-marble button. I don't know for certain, but I suspect that the Microsoft driver for the IR receiver generates an internal Windows message when the green-marble button is pressed, and not a keycode. So you would need a program to receive this message and start "MediaPortal.bat". I think that AutoHotKey has the facilities to do this, but I have never written a message-handling program in any programming language, so I do not have any examples that I can give you or advice on how to program it.

From a web search I found this page, where the user has written an AutoHotKey script to intercept the green-marble button and do some different processing. However, even though I have written some AutoHotKey scripts, that script looks quite obscure to me. If you are a programmer, you may be able to study it, understand it, and then modify it to suit your requirements.

I did only a quick web search. If you do a more-thorough web search, and examine more hits, you may find a solution that more-closely matches what you want to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom