[no Bug] No standby if "EPG grabbing when idle" is enabled (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    IF 'EPG grabbing when idle' is activated, the system runs forever since PS always sees at least one tuner being busy.

It was the integration of PS into the TV Server that brought up this issue, I believe in MP 1.5, when power control was transferred to Windows. Before that chnage I had deactivated all power controls of Windows and MP was handling the sutdown activity. Now power control is run by Windows and since then I had to deactivate the EPG idle option.

If this is working correctly elsewhere I will appreciate any advice how to correctly set up the power options in MP and Windows.

Thx,
    HTPC_Sourcer

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you provide log of the grabbing?
    I had this issue that the EPG grabber tries to load EPG data from a channel that has moved frequency. So EPG grabber stays busy forever and no standby gets activated.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sure i can supply logs, but wanted to hear about the theoretical behavior first. What I want is to have the system go into standby after the predefined period. Grabbing EPG should not prevent the pc from entering standby.

If an active grabber prevents standby by design then there is no point in adding logs.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If an active grabber prevents standby by design then there is no point in adding logs.
    As far as I'm concerned it does, but you'll have to ask @michael_t.
    As Holzi says, if the EPG grabber is constantly active then it will indeed prevent standby.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mm,

How long do you want me to let it run before collecting files? I can set it up now and let it run over night. It's 11.15pm over here and getting late.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    mm,

How long do you want me to let it run before collecting files? I can set it up now and let it run over night. It's 11.15pm over here and getting late.
    I'm confused. You said that if the EPG grabber prevents standby by design (which I'm saying I think it does) then this is no bug.

To more directly answer your question: could you just export your existing log files?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._Non_Reproducible_Problems_within_MediaPortal

Watchdog with option 3.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, yes. That's my point. If the behavior is by design, then the option is useless on my system. I would prefer to have only "real" tasks, i.e. watching or recording TV and/or listening to Music/Radio, prevent the PC from entering standby.

Full logs attached, yet with deactivated idle grabber.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As far as I'm concerned it does, but you'll have to ask @michael_t.
    As Holzi says, if the EPG grabber is constantly active then it will indeed prevent standby.
    You can configure this in the PowerScheduler section of the TV Server Configuration. But: even if you do not set EPG grabbing to prevent standby in PowerScheduler it might be that the TV card driver (which is busy while grabbing) is preventing standby. You can see this in the "Wakeup / Standby Status" of PowerScheduler configuration.

Michael

BTW: You have to enable "Debug" log level in the TV Server config for logs to provide sufficient information

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Standby is prevented by something else, see log extract:

[2014-01-02 15:52:11,994] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - PS: Check if standby is allowed at this moment
    [2014-01-02 15:52:11,994] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - PS: SetStandbyMode(StandbyAllowed)
    [2014-01-02 15:52:11,994] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - PS: System is idle and may go to standby
    [2014-01-02 15:52:11,994] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - PS: Active standby is disabled - standby is handled by Windows
    [2014-01-02 15:52:12,008] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - PS: Requests preventing Windows standby: [DRIVER] Legacykernelaufrufer, [DRIVER] Legacykernelaufrufer, [DRIVER] Legacykernelaufrufer

So what is the Legacykernelaufrufer and how do I get rid of it? I guess I will Need to Play with powercfg -requestsoveride.[DOUBLEPOST=1388674987][/DOUBLEPOST]Some more info

C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -requests
    DISPLAY:
    Keine.

SYSTEM:
    [DRIVER] Legacykernelaufrufer

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -requests
    DISPLAY:
    Keine.

SYSTEM:
    Legacykernelaufrufer is a driver. Since it is a legacy driver it does not provide information to identify it. I assume that one of them is the tv card driver. There is an article in the web about PC sleep problems (google for "PC insomnia").

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom