No TV after Standby, Zotac ID41 ION (1 Viewer)

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: stable 1.2.1
MediaPortal Skin: default wide
Windows Version: Win7 SP1 x64
CPU Type: Intel Atom D525
HDD: OCZ SSD Agility3 60GB
Memory: 4 GB DDR3
Motherboard: Zotac ID41 ION 2
Video Card: Nvidia ION 2
Video Card Driver: 285.62
Sound Card: onboard realtek
Sound Card AC3: hdmi
Sound Card Driver: newest
1. TV Card: Tevii S660 usb
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
1. TV Card Driver: 5.1.6.6 (2011-11-07
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: fddshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: LAV
h.264 Video Codec: fddshow DXVA
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
HTPC Case: standard white
Cooling: default
Power Supply: default
Remote: MCE
TV: eMachines V700
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI->HDMI

Hi,
I bought myself a new MediaPortal system and the biggest issue atm is that the tv is not working after resuming from standby S3. I attached the logs for the following test cases:

(1) Fresh Windows boot-> open MP -> tv section (tv auto on) -> hit the remote standby button (S3) -> wakeup again -> tv section again. Then after 10 -15 sec I'm getting an error message "Programm/Channel not found" -> try other channel -> same error again

Same as (1) but go directly into S3 without running MediaPortal at first
(2) Fresh Windows boot-> hit the remote standby button (S3) -> wakeup again -> tv section -> Then after 10 -15 sec
error message "Programm/Channel not found" -> try other channel -> same error again

It would be great if you have a solution or tipps for me.

Thanks!
Epstone

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: No TV after Standby, Zotac ID41 ION

Standby is working with the myTevii Software but only for the driver version s660 5.1.6.3. In MediaPortal standby and resuming is not working for at least 4 driver versions from December '10 to now.

I'm switching now to 32bit Windows 7 and look how the box is running there.
Please still have a look in the logs, as I'm keeping an image of the 64bit setup in case you see easily fixable problems there. :)

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany

Now I switched to 32 bit windows and got a bit further on the standby resume problem.

It seems that MediaPortal does not unload the s660 correctly when going to standby. If I manually stop the TVService before going to standby and start it again after resuming, I can start MediaPortal and watch tv again.
Also after stopping the tv service manually, the blue LED on the s660 turns off and turns on again if I start the TVService again. This is not the case when going to standby directly. So I'm also missing some standby energy saving thing there.

So the dirty solution would be creating a scheduled task onbefore standby and after resuming. But now I need the IRServer Suite again, because the service stopping seems to take to much time and ... yeah no fun anymore. I'm interested in building a easy, rock solid tv setup without any hacks if possible.

I'm sending the card back or sell it because it has other difficulties, also with older drivers:

Driver 5.1.6.6 (December '11)
  • Channel switching different transponder: 3-4 sec :(
  • Channel switching same transponder < 1 sec :)
  • One of around twenty channel tunes leads to an error (also verifyable in tv server channel testing section) :(

Driver 5.1.4.0 (January '10)
  • Channel switching different transponder: 2-2.5 sec (would be okay)
  • Channel switching same transponder < 1 sec
  • Bluescreen: "Worker Thread returned at bad IRQ" to often :(

By the way, the myTevii Software is even slower in channel switching than MePo here.

Maybe it's my systems, MePo or any of the drivers fault, but I don't care as I'm going to test external usb boxes as long as I find a perfect match for my system. The fast channel switching on the same transponder tells me, that usb receivers don't have to be slow.
In the end I'll write something in my blog or someting in the wiki, depends how the story ends.

If I can give you any further information to improve the s660 <-> MePo relationship please tell (soon).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Epstone

Sorry for the delayed response. Many people have the S660 working fine with MP. Have you enabled the Powerscheduler restart TV Server on resume option? That would be basically the same as the script except without the hassle. Many people have to do that to get tuners to work reliably. I would say that it would be a bit of a lottery to try and find another USB tuner that is any better.

mm

Epstone

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2007
    Riedstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi mm1352000,

thank you for the reply, but I had no luck with the s660. I sent it back yesterday. The main reason why I did that was not the standby problem, but unfrequent channel tuning errors or bluescreens on a fresh system. That depends on the used s660 driver. Sorry for not giving you the chance to investigate on that.

I've tried other usb cards now and noticed that standby is a general problem for them. Though the available workarounds like TVService stop/restart or delay times solved it for me in most cases.

Epstone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom