No TV so far (1 Viewer)

SvenZ

Portal Pro
June 1, 2008
Chemnitz/Sachsen
Home Country
Germany Germany
since updating to MP 1.0.1 I have no TV.
If I enter "My TV" the only thing I get is the TV configuration screen where I'm asked for IP or name of master TV Server.
It seems MP has no connection to the TV server so far but my previous tv config should be OK.
Maybe a complete virgin installation can solve this but I want to keep all my TV mappings a.s.o.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    If I enter "My TV" the only thing I get is the TV configuration screen where I'm asked for IP or name of master TV Server.
    It seems MP has no connection to the TV server so far but my previous tv config should be OK.
    Maybe a complete virgin installation can solve this but I want to keep all my TV mappings a.s.o.

Without logs we can help you solve the issue...so please attach the logs when u report an issue.Thx

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Localhost IP

Hello Sven,

enter 127.0.0.1 in the dialogue and you should be OK ((assuming that the PC you are watching TV with is the same that TVServer is running on).

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

SvenZ

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2008
    Chemnitz/Sachsen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, done but...
    now I have a message: "some Ports are blocked (554, 1433), no connection to the TV-Service and database"
    I do not use any firewall and everything is on one local machine.

:(

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Port unblocking

now I have a message: "some Ports are blocked (554, 1433), no connection to the TV-Service and database"
    I do not use any firewall and everything is on one local machine.:(
    The referenced firewall is the Windows firewall, which you are certainly using. And please - do not deactivate it!

Apparently the MP setup didn't correctly configure the Windows Firewall. Check your XP Firewall settings (Systemsteuerung | Firewall). Under exceptions ("Ausnahmen") you should see the applications "MediaPortal" and "TVServer" listed. You should also have two entries like "MS SQLServer (TCP)" and "MS SQLServer (UDP)". The former opens the port 1433 for TCP, the latter port 1434 for UDP access. You can manually create these entries, if they are missing. The scope should be "local subnet" in each case.

Regarding port 554 I am uncertain why this one is blocked. Maybe you try 1433/1434 first and report back.

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

SvenZ

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2008
    Chemnitz/Sachsen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, now it runs.
    I switched on the firewall and reinstalled MP.
    Maybe it would be smart if the MP installer can check this firewall issue to prevent other users from this...

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom