no TV support on 1.25 download (1 Viewer)

johnsidle

October 7, 2020
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
I am a newbie coming over from MythTv. I have downloaded Media Portal 1.25 onto Win 10 Home. Installed OK but with no TV con fig. I will be using Hauppauge WinTv-DCR 2650 tuner when I get a TV Config installed. How do I get the TV components??

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    I have downloaded Media Portal 1.25 onto Win 10 Home. Installed OK but with no TV con fig.
    The "TV Server" part of MP is included in the MP download. However, it is installed only if you specify at install time that you will be using a TV tuner.

If the install is successful, there are two config tools. You access these via shortcuts on the Windows desktop:
    • MediaPortal Configuration
    • TV Server Configuration
    -- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've downloaded mpextended-service 0.6.0.4-emby-zip. Extracted it to find MPExtended-installer.Services.msi When I run the .msi file i can install it okay, and access the configuration page, but when i rightclick on the icon in the tray (to start the TV Server) I get this error "Windows cannot find C:\program files...
    I've downloaded mpextended-service 0.6.0.4-emby-zip. Extracted it to find MPExtended-installer.Services.msi When I run the .msi...
    I've downloaded mpextended-service 0.6.0.4-emby-zip. Extracted it to find MPExtended-installer.Services.msi When I run the .msi...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 new user DE
    I am not at all familiar with this make of tuner but the first obvious question is why does a dual tuner only show 1 tuner, are you sure you have the correct driver installed. Please can you let us know the model number of the tuner?
    I am not at all familiar with this make of tuner but the first obvious question is why does a dual tuner only show 1 tuner, are you...
    Just installed MP2. When I click on the MP2 icon I get a full screen with the logo. No way to get out of it except to restart...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Help with TV setup DE
    I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch them there. I don't have NextPVR working yet so I don't get any TV guide or able to record. But it's closer than I've been before. I don't understand why HDhomerun can pick up my channels and MP picks them...
    I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch...
    I’ve looked around and this MediaPortal seems like the perfect thing for me. I just can’t seem to get it setup correctly...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes, many of them, but not all. It depends on the used codec on the card if it is supported or not...
    Yes, many of them, but not all. It depends on the used codec on the card if it is supported or not...
    Hello. I just installed Media Portal 2 on my Win 10 Home PC, a HP Envy 23 all-in-one. I had to install the Windows pack and the...
    Replies
    Views
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
    Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom