no TV support on 1.25 download (1 Viewer)

johnsidle

October 7, 2020
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
I am a newbie coming over from MythTv. I have downloaded Media Portal 1.25 onto Win 10 Home. Installed OK but with no TV con fig. I will be using Hauppauge WinTv-DCR 2650 tuner when I get a TV Config installed. How do I get the TV components??

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    I have downloaded Media Portal 1.25 onto Win 10 Home. Installed OK but with no TV con fig.
    The "TV Server" part of MP is included in the MP download. However, it is installed only if you specify at install time that you will be using a TV tuner.

If the install is successful, there are two config tools. You access these via shortcuts on the Windows desktop:
    • MediaPortal Configuration
    • TV Server Configuration
    -- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've downloaded mpextended-service 0.6.0.4-emby-zip. Extracted it to find MPExtended-installer.Services.msi When I run the .msi file i can install it okay, and access the configuration page, but when i rightclick on the icon in the tray (to start the TV Server) I get this error "Windows cannot find C:\program files...
    I've downloaded mpextended-service 0.6.0.4-emby-zip. Extracted it to find MPExtended-installer.Services.msi When I run the .msi...
    I've downloaded mpextended-service 0.6.0.4-emby-zip. Extracted it to find MPExtended-installer.Services.msi When I run the .msi...
    Replies
    Views
    To keep from uninstalling the WinTV 10 Tuner, I'll just use MP1's (manual control) & stop the TV server. This way both programs can be used. So far no-problems with stop & start MP1's TV server, when trying to use WinTV 10 tv screen.
    To keep from uninstalling the WinTV 10 Tuner, I'll just use MP1's (manual control) & stop the TV server. This way both programs can...
    After MP1 installment, the next step was to challenge behavior of the software with a "duel" tv tuner with screen watch & record...
    Replies
    Views
    WinTV v10 TV server may have the tv cards locked.
    WinTV v10 TV server may have the tv cards locked.
    I recently tried to test the MP 1.29 Pre-release, to find out the MySQL Server 5.6 won't install & connect host to my TV Tuner...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 new user DE
    "I've installed all this software on my desktop computer." is perhaps a clue. Is this PC somehow also physically connected to the smart TV? If not then you are going to struggle. The usual setup is that the PC running MP is connected to the TV with an HDMI cable so that to view the output from the PC you would switch the TV...
    "I've installed all this software on my desktop computer." is perhaps a clue. Is this PC somehow also physically connected to...
    Just installed MP2. When I click on the MP2 icon I get a full screen with the logo. No way to get out of it except to restart...
    Replies
    Views
    I completely uninstalled MP1 and installed MP2. Audio is now good. I'm relieved, and I suppose a little glad to have been forced to make the switch, because I'm already liking MP2 more. But still, the original problem remains a frustrating mystery.
    I completely uninstalled MP1 and installed MP2. Audio is now good. I'm relieved, and I suppose a little glad to have been forced...
    I am running 1.29 Pre-release on Windows 10 Pro. I use MP only to watch TV through my Hauppauge tuner card. I am suddenly getting...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom