No TVguide with mc2xml (after update MP1.1.1) (1 Viewer)

Richardd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 16, 2009
    Reusel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Last saturday I've updated to MP1.1.1 and now I found out that the TV guide doesn't get updated in MP.
    I've searched the forum and read that some people had to download a new mc2xml.exe a while ago, but that didn't solve my problem.
    The xmltv-plugin says "tvguide.xml: File imported succesfully" but I have no tv guide in MP.
    Somebody know what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• xmltv.png
      xmltv.png
      93.2 KB

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: No TVguide after update MP1.1.1

Hi Richard, here as well I don't get any updates and apparently no data is being retrieved.
    This has happened before, I just checked if there is a new version of mc2xml but it still seems the same as I was already using - updating has helped me in the pas.
    Another reason has been something about the MS servers, so maybe this is again the reason.
    I would say just to wait a few days.

tip: maybe it's not bad to change your title/subject into something like 'No TVguide with mc2xml' so other users could contribute or get confirmation of their problems.

P.

OleDK

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: No TVguide after update MP1.1.1

Hi,

I am experincing the same today. Upgraded maybe 1 week ago to 1.1.1.0.

If I try to force an import in XmlTv it hang with the text "tvguide.xml already importing ..." (have tried to leave it for at least 30min without progress, I can move to other menu items so it is not frozen).

I have attached logs. They show a lot of mysql errors???

Attachments

• XmlTVdump.JPG
      XmlTVdump.JPG
      74.7 KB

Richardd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 16, 2009
    Reusel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for your reply Peter. I've changed the title, and I will wait a few days to see if something changes.
    I use the tvgids-grabber for a few channels so I can start using this for all channels in the Netherlands. But mc2xml has worked good for a long time so I would be nice to continue using it.

Richardd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 16, 2009
    Reusel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe it is a coincidence that I've updated 9 october to MP1.1.1, because other people start having problems at 10 october https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tipps-tricks-tutorials-176/mc2xml-eine-schnelle-alternative-zu-webepg-60645/index21.html#post665967
    However, I don't understand how mc2xml or MS server can cause the problem because tvguide.xml yesterday got updated till 23 october. The tv guide in MP is just empty for all the days that I have data in tvguide.xml.
    See attached example of tvguide.xml only for MTV.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I too have problems with mc2xml (again). I have not updated to 1.1.1. Not getting new info after 10/10.

When running mc2xml, the message is: 'no new data available', just like when you run the batch twice the same day.

I'm paranoid, I think it is MS trying to keep us from using their DB. Does anyone running Windows MCE have this issue?

VdR

Richardd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 16, 2009
    Reusel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    mc2xml runs every day at 12:00 at my machine and today it ran and got data up until 27/10/2010. I also now have this data in the TV guide in MP. Seems like it's working again.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Here it has worked too, job ran this morning and guide is now filled until 27/10 - except for Ned 1, 2 and 3 which has only a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom