No video in channel preview window (1 Viewer)

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
@CyberSimian,
Missed the OP's region so my suggestion to use EPG Collector is pretty much redundant as I have no idea of US transmittion standards.
I used the MP internal grabber for many years, TBH can't recall why I stopped using it, Does it provide a full 7 day guide?.
As for the preview window problem, I only use DVB S/S2, for me terrestrial is pretty appalling as I can only receive a handful of channels from a relay so we use satellite for every TV in the house.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    As for the preview window problem, I only use DVB S/S2
    This may be the reason why the "Preview" window works for me but not for you. Possibly the simplified interface that "TV Server Config" uses for the "Preview" window does not fully support satellite broadcasts. (But this is all just speculation from me.)

Does it provide a full 7 day guide?
    I believe that it does, but I have never used satellite TV so I cannot speak from personal experience. I think that it will be identical to "EPG Collector" (unless "EPG Collector" is in some way able to access the Sky EPG). There is in the radio section a data channel that carries the TV and radio EPGs. The channel is called something like "Programme Info".

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    Strange that the preview window used to work not too long ago especially that little to no development is being carried out in that area atm.
    It's been a long time but I think the reason I changed was that MP grabs the Freesat data and was a little patchy but EPG collector is capable of a full Sky grab and provides channel data and synopsis for 100% of the channels in my Guide (except for all ITV 1 channels for the last couple of weeks, but they are also missing in a couple of official Sky boxes that I've tried).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom