[Bug] No way to tell if there are recording conflicts (1 Viewer)

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I am not too familiar with external tuners (IR Blaster) but i am investigating if this is a bug, but i think it is.

I found another place in the code where it does more checks then just frequency to determine if it is the same transponder. This does seem more valid (This logic is used in the second part of your log: AdvancedCardAllocation.GetAvailableCardsForChannel and returns: type:Analog is tuned to different transponder).

The scheduling however returns that it is the same transponder (which is not true).

Once the team can confirm my suspicions i will make a mantis bug of this.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK,

Thanks for your help.

Just an FYI, I did a small test by setting the freq on two channels to be different and setup conflicting recordings on these two channels... When I tried to setup the second recording, I finally saw the "Recording Conflict" popup... yay!

I think as a temporary workaround, I will set unique frequencies since this information is not used to tune in my case.

If it ends up being a bug and getting fixed, then great!

Let me know if you need any more information.

Geoff

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If I set the frequency to a unique value for all the tuningdetails, would it make sense that the conflict detection could then work as expected?

Yes, but since it is a workaround i do not know what it can break.

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, I'm not sure if this is the same issue exactly. I've had an instance where a recording failed due to a conflict but there was no warning when I scheduled it. I'd assumed this feature wasn't working properly as it's listed as incomplete in the bug tracker but I see from this thread that it should be working at least some of the time.
    I have three tuners. A HVR2200 (dual DVB-T) and a HVR4000 (hybrid DVB-T, DVB-S) In TV server, the 2200's are setup as separate cards with the analogue parts disabled. The HVR4000 is setup as a hybrid.
    If I select three different DVB-T channels each on a different transponder and then add a DVB-S channel too I get no conflict messages even though the final DVB-T tuner on the HVR4000 is now allocated and therefore should make the DVB-S part of the card unavailable. If I try and add another DVB-S channel on a different transponder, then I get a conflict warning.
    Logs attached.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, I'm not sure if this is the same issue exactly. I've had an instance where a recording failed due to a conflict but there was no warning when I scheduled it. I'd assumed this feature wasn't working properly as it's listed as incomplete in the bug tracker but I see from this thread that it should be working at least some of the time.
    I have three tuners. A HVR2200 (dual DVB-T) and a HVR4000 (hybrid DVB-T, DVB-S) In TV server, the 2200's are setup as separate cards with the analogue parts disabled. The HVR4000 is setup as a hybrid.
    If I select three different DVB-T channels each on a different transponder and then add a DVB-S channel too I get no conflict messages even though the final DVB-T tuner on the HVR4000 is now allocated and therefore should make the DVB-S part of the card unavailable. If I try and add another DVB-S channel on a different transponder, then I get a conflict warning.
    Logs attached.

Sorry for the late response, it does look like you are facing a bug (although a diffirent one). I have to look further into this, but looking at the code suggests that the fact that it is a hybrid card is not taken into account.

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, thanks for the response. Let me know if I should start a new bug thread or if you need me to submit any more logs/info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom