Non-linear Stretch Zoom mode broken after upgrading to 1.3.0Beta (1 Viewer)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi all,

Today I've upgraded from my working MP 1.2.3 to MP 1.3.0BETA. All is working fine (at least what I've been able to test remotely)... The only issue I'm facing is that here in Spain we've got mixed SD (4:3) and HD (16:9) tv channels, and so I need to enable "normal" for 16:9 and "non-linear stretch" for 4:3 under TV Zoom modes... the problem is that in "non-linear stretch" zoom mode, I get a zoomed image, so I can only see the center of the image, very very zoomed.

I've tested normal "stretch" mode and it works as it should... also any other zoom modes... but "non-linear stretch", which is a very good feature added some time ago to MP, is not... I've tested some different video codecs to see if it made a difference. No luck.

Anyone else uses this zoom mode with 1.3.0BETA successfully? If so, which codec do you use?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Peque

Can you check you have not enabled the viewmodeswitcher plugin by accident in MP config, or do you use anything else like IFC to control aspect ratio.

Also make sure non-linear stretch is really available in config and selected as a choice.

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Well... it finally was a side-effect of checking it remotely... I had my TV off (so HDMI off, and my desktop resolution changed as a result to a lower one), and in this case, non-linear stretch seems to resize to fullHD res anyway... Once I got home and see, all was fine. :)

BTW: I use IFC, but this only automatically changes between zooms...

Now I must play around with Display Refresh Changer... it seems a little tricky now.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom