[confirm] Not comeing out standby to record RC6 (1 Viewer)

CrashUK

Portal Pro
July 24, 2008
Hi guys..
Today I manual put media center in to standby and it did not start up to record my programs.

So I turn it back on out of standby with mce remote and mediaportal started.. I have it set so every time it comes out of standby mediaportal restarts its slower but don’t get any lock ups.
Anyway mediaportal loaded up and got to the point where it says loading plug-ins and it locked up I triad 3 time to restarted mediaportal but it got stuck at the same point.
So I restarted my media center and then this time. Loaded mediaportal when to tv guide and it did not show any of my programs as recording that should be recording in red so I restarted mediaportal this time my programs are in red but if I try to which itv1 I get no tv signal error.
But this is the channel its recording?? Triad restarting mediaportal 3 time and still did this so at this point I made a bug log.
Then restarted media center and now every thing is working as it should.

Sorry if my English is very bad I am dyslexic.

Iam runing RC6 its the first time its gone wrong but I have had this bug in RC5

MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal v1.1 RC6
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide
Codec MPG2: CyberLink PowerDVD v9.0
Codec Audio: ffdshow tryout revision 3387
Codec h.264: ffdshow tryout revision 3387
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 754
Mainboard: AsRock K8NFP-VSTA
RAM: 2Gig
HDD: Samsung EcoGreen F2 1TB
Video: Gigabyte HD 4350 512MB GDDR2 PCI-E
Sound: Same as Video Card
TV-Card 1: Pinnacle PCTV 3010iX Dual DVB-T + Analog
PSU: ?
Case: Shiny Piano Black/Red Super Slim Micro
Cooling: 80mm case fan + 60mm case fan
Remote: Microsoft Media Center Remote
TV: Samsung 40 LCD A656
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Do you have any idea what time it should have woken up?

Looking at your logs
    Code:
    2010-07-16 19:46:23.812500 [scheduler thread(9)]: dvb:Submiting tunerequest Channel:ITV1 subChannel:-1
    then
    Code:
    2010-07-16 19:46:29.421875 [scheduler thread(9)]: dvb:  LockedInOnSignal could not lock onto channel - no signal or bad signal/quote]

So if the problem was when trying to record Coronation Street then the machine was awake and trying to record but the TV card was getting no signal

What TV card do you have?   I used to have a Pinnacle 7010ix which reported its tuners as 7162 BDA tuners
    [code]2010-07-16 19:43:35.515625 [TVService(5)]: Controller: card 7162 BDA DVBT Tuner: current timeshiftpath = E:\timeshiftbuffer
    2010-07-16 19:43:35.515625 [TVService(5)]: Controller: card 7162 BDA DVBT Tuner: current timeshiftpath = E:\timeshiftbuffer
    2010-07-16 19:43:35.515625 [TVService(5)]: Controller: card 7162 BDA Analog TV Tuner: current timeshiftpath = E:\timeshiftbuffer
    2010-07-16 19:43:35.531250 [TVService(5)]: Controller: card 7162 BDA Analog TV Tuner: current timeshiftpath = E:\timeshiftbuffer
    and basically the drivers on XP meant it did not cope with standby very well at all and I often got the unable to tune error. Since replacing the card I have had no issues at all with this

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I have a Pinnacle 3010ix
    I believe that is basically the same DVB-T tuner as the 7010ix. I tried lots of drivers for my card (BlackGold and I think KWorld or AverMedia as they used basically the same hardware) and whilst some improved things a little none ever solved all the issues with standby. I know people who are using the 7010ix happily on Win7 so I guess it might be an XP / driver thing that no-one has ever solved.

I replaced my Pinnacle card with one of these (is PCI though)
    PEAK DUAL DVB-T Digital TV PCI Card: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
    at about £25 and has been rock solid

CrashUK

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2008
    that card looks very good.. I did not know you could have 2 x dvb-t on pci card.. card is workin ok with newer drivers.

I am planing to update to a freeview hd card next year I was going to go the freesat route but these less HD channels on freesat and the cost of installing it all is a lot higher.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I just changed to a Peak Dual and regarding S3\4 knocks the spots off hauppauge T500, £27 currently including delivery next day, only downside is you need to open device manager and point to the drivers supplied on CD.

Regarding dvb-t2 needed for HD broadcast on freeview, currently you will only need a extra single tuner as BBC\ITV|Channel4 HD are all on one transponder.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I just changed to a Peak Dual and regarding S3\4 knocks the spots off hauppauge T500, £27 currently including delivery next day, only downside is you need to open device manager and point to the drivers supplied on CD.
    Yep I am loving the card. Quick to start, channel changes are quick, it works... and it is really cheap :)
    I added a Compro S350 which was £23 and then had DVB-T x2 and DVB-S for less than some of the other cards out there and rock stable :D

As regards DVT-T2 we are still waiting for someone to make one. Other than Hauppauge saying they will produce one I have not seen any real news that one will appear anytime soon

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    As regards DVT-T2 we are still waiting for someone to make one. Other than Hauppauge saying they will produce one

As we are the only plonkers going down the T2 route currently, not surprising lack of manufacturing chips for this, its definately a wait and see, have not seen them as STB yet in shops I go to, so not much chance of pc version, but living in hope :)

CrashUK

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2008
    I dont think they any thing wrong with my card.. today mediaportal but not let me add a program to record later on every time I tryed to add it mediaportal locked up. I have used the card with vista media center and MCE2005 and every thing worked well. Try a clean install when final is out. Looks like dvb-t2 is going to have a high price. Bit of a joke that freeview hd comes out but they no hardware for it..

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    As we are the only plonkers going down the T2 route currently, not surprising lack of manufacturing chips for this, its definately a wait and see, have not seen them as STB yet in shops I go to, so not much chance of pc version, but living in hope :)
    Good old BBC had a hand in setting up the T2 standards and we are one of the first to use it. The UK are only swapping over one mux to DVB-T2 currently but I believe one of our Scandinavian neighbours are planning to swap all muxes (SD and HD) over.

According to http://www.dvb.org/technology/fact_sheets/DVB-T2_Factsheet.pdf
    trials are taking place in Finland, Sweden, Austria, Denmark, Czech Republic, Italy and Germany. It also says that places like Singapore and Australia are thinking about it.

I have actually started to see quite a few T2 boxes in shops recently (Sainsburys and Tesco both have a home brand £99.99 box)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom