Not possible to go to Standby (1 Viewer)

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

I know there are already some posts out there but they mainly concern powerscheduler.

I have tested a little bit yesterday. I had:
- powerscheduler on
- powerscheduler off

I tried to put PC to sleep by:
- pressing the computers on/off-button (which is configured to send PC to sleep)
- remotes 'go-to-sleep-button' (using MP's remote control config)
- MP's go-to-standby and go-to-hibernate button on the home screen
- waiting in home screen for powerscheduler to send PC to sleep

IN ALL OF THE CASES MP WAS HANGING!

Which means: screen goes completely black but MP doesn't exit. With Esc I can then get back to the GUI but it's not more useable. I have to ctrl-alt-del or even to hardware-reset then.

Questions:
- am I the only one or do others have that as well?
- does anybody know if that is an known issue?

That error is not enterprise critical but it is very unconvenient as I always have to shutdown the PC. I have currently no possibibilty to use Standby.

I am using CVS from 13.1. In the Changelog I didn't see any entry regarding Standby-problems.

thanks+regards
WeWe

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
I did try various combinations of "Forced shutdown" and "Disable TV cards before shutdown" ...

And as I said: I also have it WITHOUT POWERSCHEDULER

thanks+regards
WeWe

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Works fine here - been using it for over a year.
    I suggect your PC or OS build is at fault here.

DMAN

Dracmarcz

August 24, 2005
    I have a similar problem.

The HTPC will go into standby if I explicitly tell it to do so (via remote control button).

However, since I installed RC2, it won't automatically go into standby mode.

I have tried it with and without PowerScheduler, and various options within PowerScheduler.

With RC1, this was working perfectly. (Although MP would sometimes crash on resume from standby).

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi similar problem only found it was caused by DIVX6 as in another post, ps had been converting files prior too using MP and MP still would not shut down until DIVX interface was disabled

Ray

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    well, after having tried different CVS' I did uninstall MP and install a clean 0.2 RC2. Now it is ok ...

So I am quite sure that the problem is in conjunction with the new HCWHelper. Somehow the HCWHelper doesn't want to quit - so everything get's stuck.

thanks+regards
    WeWe

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I wanted to add that I am back to a CVS (from 15. Jan to be excat) and I am again having the "not-possible-to-go-to-standby problem". I did go to the CVS because with clean RC2 DVD autostart is not working.

to: dman_lfc: from your signature I see that you use .net1.1. So you must be on 0.1.3. or RC1. With that releases I also didn't have that problem. It is with RC2 as stated in the initial post.

Anybody can help me? I am loosing WAF and KAF (kid acceptance factor).

thanks+regards
    WeWe

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    wewe: DMAN is a team member and always on latest... :wink:

YYota

Portal Pro
    May 14, 2005
    I can partly confirm, now the option to force shutdown has to be checked. In rc1 it used to work without having to force anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom