Not Recognising DVD (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I'm not keen on using the MS codecs considering what PD said about them causing MP to crash so I'll try LAV video and ffdshow audio (I need ffdshow to mixdown/expand the audio to four speakers).

For best compatibility with the MS DVD Navigator MS decoders are recommend (as the config's text tells that corresponding decoder and navigator combination hould be used). That is the reason why there is no highlighting for the MS DVD Navigator + Cyberlink combo for example.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK, with LAV video the menus highlight properly, however after skipping forward the screen fills with green which then turns into green blocks before resuming normally. This only lasts 1-2 seconds so isn't a major problem, just doesn't look very nice. I tested with hardware decoder set to None and DXVA2 (native) (the system has an ATI 6850) and it was the same with both.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm not keen on using the MS codecs considering what PD said about them causing MP to crash so I'll try LAV video and ffdshow audio (I need ffdshow to mixdown/expand the audio to four speakers).

For best compatibility with the MS DVD Navigator MS decoders are recommend (as the config's text tells that corresponding decoder and navigator combination hould be used). That is the reason why there is no highlighting for the MS DVD Navigator + Cyberlink combo for example.

Makes sense. I'd like to test it more but most of my DVDs are ripped and in storage. I'm setting up an HTPC for my brother who watches a lot of DVDs, however I don't really want to use him as a guinea pig and would rather give him a system that's going to be as stable as possible, partly so he doesn't get fed up with it and partly to reduce the support calls I receive ;)

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No Bug. More bad rips without correct IFO. I give you a tip: rip the main movie to MKV...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom