not recording (1 Viewer)

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
set a schedule, the time come up and nothing happens, no recording. other recordings have happened today. there were no tuners in use and at least one capable of receiving this channel. I were low on disk space but resolved that before the recording was scheduled. looks like this issue was never resolved [confirm] - TV Recording no longer working

I restarted the PC and the recording started.

I'll have to implement some sort of system to restart the service fairly frequently, to try to work around some of these frequent bugs.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
channel GO!
9:10PM - 11:40PM Sunday 6/7/2017
Jupiter Ascending

I did see it listed in the schedules in the TV server setup

it seem to happen more when there is not long between setting the schedule and the start time, there was probably about half an hour in this case, it seems to work a little better if I set the schedule days ahead

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks.
    So to confirm: you created the schedule at roughly 8:30pm on that Sunday evening?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...and you mean 6/8/2017 instead of 6/7/2017 right?
    (August rather than July.)

Assuming that's the case, I should also have asked: did you create the schedule from KODI?

If yes, please consider that the process for creating a schedule goes KODI plugin -> TV Server -> database. My point in saying this is successful operation of TV Server with KODI will depend as much on the KODI plugin as on TV Server. Though I can see the entry in the TV service log that you're referring to:
    [collapse][2017-08-06 20:04:11,976] [Log ] [7 ] [DEBUG] - TVServerKodi: Handling command: AddSchedule
    [2017-08-06 20:04:12,024] [Log ] [26 ] [ERROR] - Exception :confused:ystem.ObjectDisposedException: Safe handle has been closed
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle.DangerousAddRef(Boolean& success)
    at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.SafeHandleAddRef(SafeHandle pHandle, Boolean& success)
    at Microsoft.Win32.Win32Native.SetEvent(SafeWaitHandle handle)
    at System.Threading.EventWaitHandle.Set()
    at TvService.TVController.OnNewSchedule()[/collapse]

...it's not one that I recall seeing previously. Forum search for "OnNewSchedule" finds few results. Furthermore, the person who created the thread that you linked also uses (or used) KODI/XBMC. For all those reasons I'm inclined to think the problem is likely to be caused in some way by the KODI plugin, and obviously we don't provide the support for that plugin.

Is there a reason you're convinced that the problem is internal to or caused by TV Server rather than KODI?

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I saw the schedule listed in the media portal TV server setup before I restarted, so while it was not working. I were looking for that, to see if kodi had even scheduled it in the first place, but as I could see it there doesn't that mean it was successfully scheduled? and yes, your right with the dates.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...but as I could see it there doesn't that mean it was successfully scheduled?
    Yes and no.

You said in the first post that "other recordings happened today". Did those recordings start after the scheduled start time for the recording that failed?

If no, my theory would be that the creation of the failed schedule broke the scheduler. In other words: I'd expect all scheduled recordings after 8:04pm - the time when you attempted to create the schedule - to have failed until you restarted the TV service.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    no, the recordings that worked were earlier. I have tried to record the current program I were watching tonight and it failed to start, as I thought it would, recording the current program never works any more. I deleted the schedule so I'll see if some other things record tomorrow. I have to delete the schedule because I have found in the past that if I don't then I think it stops my TV sleeping, presumably waiting till the date in the past comes around

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, so in summary: working theory is that the KODI plugin is somehow breaking TV Server's scheduler when it attempts to create a schedule.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    and that mediaportal is able to repair its self automatically if the schedule is set further into the furture, and that KODI is tricking mediaportal so it can't doesn't realise when the date is the 2nd of the the month the first of the month has already past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom