not recording (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    and that mediaportal is able to repair its self automatically if the schedule is set further into the furture
    There's no "repair" function, so this is not possible.

I think it's entirely possible that sometimes the act of creating a schedule with the KODI plugin breaks the scheduler... and sometimes it doesn't.
    The challenge is to understand the difference between the two scenarios. Is it something to do with the schedule type, the program that's being recorded... (the list goes on)? For that, more log files would be needed. Ideally log files that show TV Server startup right through to the start of the problem.

and that KODI is tricking mediaportal so it can't doesn't realise when the date is the 2nd of the the month the first of the month has already past.
    I don't understand this comment at all.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I might create a Kodi schedule and install the media portal GUI to create a schedule and see what the difference is in the database. if I (from mediaportal) select to record a program that is already partway through, is there any signal to start immediately or it just gets written to the database and then picked up from there the same as any other schedule? Just wondering is there could be an extra signal that Kodi is missing but just writing to the DB seems to make more sense.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    if I (from mediaportal) select to record a program that is already partway through, is there any signal to start immediately or it just gets written to the database and then picked up from there the same as any other schedule?
    There's a signal to say that "the schedule list has changed".

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    what is that signal, is there some way I can manually raise it and see if it does anything? probably more something the plugin developer should be doing but if I can find a workaround it still helps me a bit (and could show them the issue if that's it). is all this sort of stuff documented somewhere, what each column in the DB tables are for, what is required to schedule a recording from a developer point of view etc

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    is there some way I can manually raise it and see if it does anything?
    No, not unless you create code to trigger it.

probably more something the plugin developer should be doing
    Yes, exactly.

is all this sort of stuff documented somewhere, what each column in the DB tables are for, what is required to schedule a recording from a developer point of view etc
    No. Plugin developers are expected to have a bit of common sense and use our TV plugin as an example if necessary.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I do write code and were hoping to get some info on that one point (the change event) rather than having to download and look through the code, but if that's what i have to do.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Looks like I found a workaround and it looks like it may be related to that signal potentially being missing. If I try to record the current program it does not start, if I then edit that schedule (even if I change nothing) it then starts. I'll look towards the MP plugin for Kodi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom