Nothing showing under TV servers (1 Viewer)

wiggy77

November 5, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi
I recently had to do a fresh OS and MP install due to a hard drive dying so I know everything should work with my hardware. However, since the fresh install I dont see anything appear under the TV Servers tab in the TV server configuration. I've tried reinstalling MediaPortal and have updated to the latest drivers and Windows updates but to no avail. I've uploaded my logs so hopefully someone can help. Thanks!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

TV card drivers installed?
    Does it look fine in windows device manager?

wiggy77

November 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the reply.

Everything looks fine in Device manager. I can watch the analog card fine in Windows media center and the HDHomerun is fine in VLC. I'm not seeing the server name listed at all, so see no devices (including the virtual ones).

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Oh, I follow now. It is actually the level before you see the TV cards.
    It should show the PC-name or IP there.

Is networking configured on the PC and up and running? I think TCP/IP is required by TV Server.

(hopefully someone who knows better than me will pop in soon to give pointers)

wiggy77

November 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sorry, I just noticed I posted this in totally the wrong section - can a moderator move it to the correct place please.

Networking is working fine and I think configured correctly (TCP/IP installed).

wiggy77

November 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    SetupTv.exe /configure-db runs fine - everything looks good and turns green, and the Connection Succeeded Box pops up. I then click save and run the TV Server configuration again, but still nothing appears under TV servers.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi wiggy77

If you're still having problems, I would suggest a complete MP uninstall and reinstall. Something is either messed up in your database or the installation...

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom