NotificationBar (1 Viewer)

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi GetWell,

First: Nice work! I've had the same idea for InfoService. Now you've done the most work already. Perfect :D

I've implemented the notificationBar plugin into InfoService. It worked like it should, but why have you disabled the notification bar when a fullscreen video is playing?

Regards chris

Last edited:

GetWell

Portal Pro
October 4, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I've implemented the notificationBar plugin into InfoService. It worked like it should, but why have you disabled the notification bar when a fullscreen video is playing?

Maybe this should be configurable? I was thinking how annoying it would be to see notifications while seeing a movie? :)

Any thoughts/ideas for a solution for this? :)

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany

Maybe this should be configurable? I was thinking how annoying it would be to see notifications while seeing a movie? :)

Any thoughts/ideas for a solution for this? :)
At least it should be configurable for the plugin developer. The plugin developer can now implement a checkbox, lets say "Show Notification while playing video" and let the user decide if he want's to be annoyed while watching a video :D

GetWell

Portal Pro
October 4, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
that sounds fair.. I will implement the option for plugin developers to mark if this should be overwrited in the next version :)

GetWell

Portal Pro
October 4, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I can't promise that service each time :-D Let me know if I can help you further :)

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
Just some suggestion i want to mention:
  • It would be cool, if a plugin developer can set a custom thumbnail before the text. For example: InfoService can show the feed image before the text.
  • Another great feature would be to support multiple lines for a notification. For infoservice, i would like to show the feed title (or a another header text like "A new feed message!") in the first line and on the second line the feed item title. Maybe it would be good to set a limit for the lines in your plugin, so that a plugin cannot hide the whole screen with one notification.
  • And just a small thing: I need to set the "SecondsToLive" property after i created the object. Perhaps it would be good to include the SecondsToLive property in the constructor.
I'm just wondering why this plugin isn't used by any other plugin i know. There are so much possibilties for this plugin. Also for the twitter part of InfoService i have some ideas :D

Last edited:

GetWell

Portal Pro
October 4, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
great ideas! mind I borrow them for the next version? ;-) I will contact you when its ready :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom