NotificationBar (2 Viewers)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    @Edalex I haven't tried InfoService yet, but if you switch off your internet connection, there is a built-in notifications, which should popup within a few seconds. (not in fullscreen mode though).

I can see you have the 0.8.3.0 version of notificationbar.. Have you downloaded it yourself or by MPEI?
    Internet disabling worked!
    It's brilliant, thanks, GetWell. I finally can see what is NotificationBar look like :D
    And since 0.8.3.0 is not available thru mpei I downloaded it on googlecode.
    BTW "tvserver lost connection" popup makes me angry. :mad: Hope mp team will disable it and provide info thru NotoficationBar

Last edited:

GetWell

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Nice! I just got confused because my MPEI showed 0.8.3.0 even I had uninstalled the plugin. :) and yeah that message is annoying :) hmm maybe its possible to overrule it somehow?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    @GetWell @kiwijunglist
    notification.JPG

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

I had a quick test with your plugin. The idea seems to be nice but I had some problems with it. The delay for showing the message is way too long, is this the issue you have on your todo list? Also the message did not always show up in my plugin (Rockstar), I think I had to go to home screen and back to my plugin.

I still believe this does not require any skin changes to my plugin to make it work properly?

For what I would use this is to flash/show quick messages to user like "Playlist saved" without need for user to react (close OK dialog etc.)

Last edited:

GetWell

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The delay for showing the message is way too long, is this the issue you have on your todo list?
    Actually @DieBagger contacted me about this just a couple of hours ago, and added this on the to-do list :) (notificationbar works with a 6 seconds roundtrip, which gives this "lag" when there are no other notifications in the list)

Also the message did not always show up in my plugin (Rockstar), I think I had to go to home screen and back to my plugin
    The current version only support the DefaultWide skin. The next version also supports the Default skin.
    Notifications will not bee shown in Fullscreen mode unless the developer who adds the notification specifies it (from version 0.8.2.0)

Could above explain the behavior you are mentioning?

Try use the newest version 0.8.3.0 (not published yet): http://code.google.com/p/mpnotificationbar/downloads/list

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    6 seconds is good enough for me so if it's too long in rockstar maybe delay time should be customizable.

Last edited:

GetWell

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    New version (0.8.3.0) released

New changes:
    - Plugin icon / Custom thumbnail support
    - Add Multiple lines for notifications (max linie numbers)
    - Add SecondsToLive property in constructor
    - Default skin support
    - Notification "push", to minimize the ~6 sec startup time
    - Skin support check, will hide when skin not supported

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Is "SecondsToLive" time in seconds how long notification is supposed to be visible in the UI?

I'm testing version 0.8.3 and everything seems to be working fine except the notification is shown like 10 seconds even if I set SecondsToLive to two seconds.

NotificationBarManager.AddNotification(RockstarPlugin.RockstarId, Localization.SaveSuccessful, "", "", 2, NotificationBarManager.Types.Information, false, false);

Last edited:

GetWell

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    SecondsToLive is a Int32, which give you ~2^32-1 seconds :)
    SecondsToLive is a "min" time to live.. Each notification will be shown after eachother in 6 seconds interval. Every notifications will be shown at least 1 time (unless removed through the NotificationBarManager.RemoveNotification method)

(I will update the documentation with this)

Hope that helped? :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom