NovaRemote (1 Viewer)

khoudor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Hello!

I want to introduce you NovaRemote application. It allows you to control MediaPortal using iPad, Iphone and Ipod. It collects all information and thumbnails from your MediaPortal and shows you on your mobile device. You can choose what you want to play and also you can handle now playing (pause, skip, rewind and stop).

The application is quite fast. You are able to use old iPads same as new ones. It was tested also on iPad 3 and is working very nice.

You can buy NovaRemote in App store.

It is using great plugins: MPExtended and WiFiRemote.

Requirements:

Mediaportal 1.6.0 or newer
    MPExtended 0.5.4 (MediaPortal plugin)
    WiFiRemote 0.8.1 or newer (MediaPortal plugin)
    iOS 7.0 or newer
    WiFi access to machine running MediaPortal

UPDATE 18.04: Version 1.1 released:

1) a lot of critical bugs were fixed. Now it will not crash in any non-standard situation.
    2) Now all configurations should be done in the app (not in the ipad Settings). It gives user-friendly interface for adding server settings.
    3) tv/radio groups added.
    4) recordings logos fixed.
    5) TV toggle button added to zone settings. If you don't use tv server you can turn tv toggle off. It will not load all the stuff according to TV in this case.
    6) Some localization problems fixed.

UPDATE 01.05: Version 1.2 released:

1) multiseat support. Now you can have a lot of zones.
    2) Loading is now very fast.
    3) A lot of new bugs found and fixed.
    4) It will be now compatible with ios 7.0 and more.

UPDATE 22.05: Version 1.3 released:

1) TV guide sometimes shows No data. Fixed.
    2) Mess in TV logos (one is placed on the other). Fixed.
    3) fanart for retina images. Now all images are loaded according to what display is using.
    5) now playing view enhancements. Now it shows fanart of playing item.
    6) Iphone version. NovaRemote 1.3 is now one app for ipad, iphone and ipod. It is implemented for both 3.5 and 4 inch displays.
    NovaRemote for Iphone should be free for everybody who already own ipad version.

Some clues for Iphone:
    1) Use swipe gesture from right to left to jump between groups. You can get better results if you start your gesture straight from the right side of your iphone.
    2) All pages except radio have main page and detail page. When you select some item on the main page you see the details page of selected item. Use swipe from left to right to jump back.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      412.9 KB
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      253.4 KB
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      325.3 KB
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      342.2 KB
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      265 KB
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      379.9 KB
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      282.7 KB
    • ip6.jpg
      ip6.jpg
      99 KB
    • ip1.jpg
      ip1.jpg
      78 KB
    • ip5.jpg
      ip5.jpg
      86.8 KB
    • ip4.jpg
      ip4.jpg
      96.4 KB
    • ip2.jpg
      ip2.jpg
      61 KB
    • ip3.jpg
      ip3.jpg
      85.8 KB
    Last edited:

khoudor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Looks nice but I cant get it to work.

What is actually not working? Did you reached all the requirements?
    You should provide IP-adress and port settings in global Settings menu. You should find NovaRemote in Settings.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Done that but the app just exit. Note that I have different credentials in WifiRemote and MPExt.

khoudor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Done that but the app just exit. Note that I have different credentials in WifiRemote and MPExt.
    I see. I will fix it in version 1.1 that will come soon. I will add different fields for different credentials. Could you use same credentials for the moment?

LoneGunman

April 21, 2008
    No joy here getting it to work. I know everything is setup ok on my HTPC as I can access MP via Ampdroid on my Android phone.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Such a shame having bought your app. The interface looks really good.

khoudor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    No joy here getting it to work. I know everything is setup ok on my HTPC as I can access MP via Ampdroid on my Android phone.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Such a shame having bought your app. The interface looks really good.
    Sorry about that. I have already about 5 guys that have everything working great. This post is here to help you setting up my software. Of course any bugs will be fixed in new version that will come soon. I don't have much user reviews. That's why there may be some errors. I really appreciate that you bought it. Please help me to find out the problem in your setup. It will help me to enhance my app.

So did you filled all settings in Settings tab correctly? Does it tells you about some error?

Current limitations are that you use single-seat setup and you use same credentials for mpextended and wifiremote.

LoneGunman

April 21, 2008
    Happy to help and support your app.

Settings tab looks good and the only error message I get is the failed to connect one which says check the settings.

I tried disabling the authentication for both mpextended and wifi remote to test the connect and it still doesn't connect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom