NowPlaying is switching between embedded and artist cover (1 Viewer)

badboyxx

Portal Pro
June 15, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have installed a clean MP 1.6 and using StreamedMP 2.2 skin. When I start playing a track, NowPlaying screen is switching between the embedded and artist cover. When I change the label to album cover in the xml, I still get the artist cover displayed.
Can this be a settings problem?

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Can this be a settings problem?
    Seems reasonable to me, have you checked out the Settings->Skin->Music page? You might find something in there that controls this behaviour.

Code:
    Show CD Cover Only in Music Now Playing

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I can confirm it works as expected. When setting is enabled it only shows the album cover, when disabled it will animate the album and artist covers if available.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here are my logs
    The song No Limits has an embedded cover and shows no thumb in the nowplaying screen. The song Let the Beat... has no embedded cover and shows also no thumb. In the albums directory there is an image 2 unlimited- no limits.jpg and 2 unlimited-no limitsL.jpg and in the artists directory a file called 2 unlimited.jpg and 2 unlimitedL.jpg but the nowplaying is never displaying the cover.
    Tell me is another log-file is missing.

Attachments

• embedded_cover.png
      embedded_cover.png
      3.7 MB
    • without_embedded.png
      without_embedded.png
      2.2 MB
    • albums_folder.png
      albums_folder.png
      1.6 MB
    • artists_folder.png
      artists_folder.png
      1.7 MB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That's not the default NowPlaying screen nor did you provide proper log files.

Seriously how hard is it to do a simple task like that? Im not maintaining the extra NowPlaying screens im afraid (they probably should be removed) so if you want support please switch to the default now playing screen and provide a full set of debug logs like a good Portal Professional.

Also another note, your new description of the problem does not match your original report of switching between album and artist thumb. Im not sure why you think NoThumb means the same thing? There is literally a million permutations to deal with here, to make things easier try to be aware of this and what people need to diagnose an issue as quick and easy as possible.

Can I also suggest you switch to the DefaultWide/Titan skin when reporting issues here so it can rule out the skin.

Attachments

• 08-56-55.jpg
      08-56-55.jpg
      621.9 KB
    • 08-57-22.jpg
      08-57-22.jpg
      261.3 KB
    Last edited:

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now I have set to default for NowPlaying. I thought NowPlaying should show only the album cover or only the embedded cover.

Sorry it was my fault. I didn't know that you only support the default. Everything works fine, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom