NRK Browser - Vattenmelon edition. (2 Viewers)

samundsen

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
Houston, TX
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Testkanal is working fine, but NRK1 and NRK2 are not working for me. With the OSD player on, it will appear hung for about 30 seconds or so, then display the message about trying the non-OSD player. When I try that, I get the spinning wheel for a couple of seconds, then "Avspilling feilet".

Vattenmelon

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
I will perhaps remove the message "try disabling osd-player" as it might be incorrect in many cases. Unfortunately there is noe guaranty that the direct streams are available. I believe they are totally undocumented and its strange that they are as available as they are. A stream can work or change all the time. "Velg strøm manuelt" is there so one can try manually and see if one is lucky :)

My main mediapc is running xp and on that machine I can use the vmr9 setting "use for web streams" in the rendering settings. On my developermachine, wich runs vista, I cannot play any clips with this enabled or with EVR. Unfortunately I have to use VMR9 and disable "use for web streams". I would like to hear if anyone uses this plugin in Vista, and wheter it runs with EVR.

KilLars

January 13, 2009
Thanks a lot! I got it working.
I use Vista 64 bits. I had to use VMR9 and disable "use for web streams"

Edit:
Changing it to VMR9 caused other problems in Mediaportal so I had to change it back. Now the NRK browser works even with EVR. The "use for web streams" under VMR9 is still disabled, but grayed out, don't know if that matters.

Vattenmelon

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hey thx for the feedback. I don't belive what is under vmr9 matters when using EVR. And I also believe that EVR is the recommended on Vista.

KilLars

January 13, 2009
I've done some more testing and the result is very clear, the setting "use for playback of web streams" under VMR9 does matter on my setup even when I use EVR and it's greyed out. It might be a MediaPortal bug or something?
I've now tried multiple times and the live streams work every time when it is disabled and never when it is enabled.

Vattenmelon

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Ah didn't know that. Seems like one of the developers liked your discovery too :) I have no idea on how Mediaportal use those settings, just assumed it didn't matter.

cage121

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 31, 2005
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Works nice! WAF factor skyrocketed when i showed an episode of "himmelblå" the wife had'nt watched.
    Nice work!
    thx.

orz

Portal Member
    March 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi vattenmelon!

Good work with updating the plugin! :) I just wanted to mention that I still get quite a few emails from people who download the version listed at the "plugins" page. Maybe you could upload your version there as an update to mine? If not, I will try to request that mine is removed and you can upload yours afterwards.

Cheers,

Terje

Vattenmelon

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thx.
    I don't think I can upload to your plugin-page, so maybe you should delete your and I upload the new version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom