nVidia PureVideo showes like interlaced (1 Viewer)

hansdegit

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Schagen, The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
tourettes said:
Isn't PAL used in Germany? If so then the 60Hz is causing the stuttering, and you need to start to use the 50Hz modes.

Perhaps I'm stupid, but I don't get that. Interlaced 50Hz PAL fields are combined to 25 fps. Those frames are then sent to the graphics card at 60 refreshes per second. Please explain what the problem could be....

thkogel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2006
    germany
    Not stuttering! The deinterlaceing didn't work.

mPod:
    PureVideo is Version .223 I think. Which version of display driver are you useing?

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The current beta one from nVidia. But it worked with all versions of the drivers and PureVideo (had all versions) here.

Again, key to success is to set software deinterlacing in MP's config to "NONE", see above.

thkogel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2006
    germany
    Use the current beta from nVidia to and the last PureVideo. current release of driver are do the same work. With older versions the CPU load was high with PureVideo or WinDVD codec. Newest driver (current beta end release) are only have 10% - 15% CPU load older version up to 40% with MPEG2 Streams.

Back to the problem:
    Switch to N24 or n-tv. the scrolling text below are not very smooth. It looks like text with shadow. This are with both codecs PureVideo and nVidia.
    Call me stupid but I don't understand it.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    using hardware acceleration you'll see unsmoothness or at least micro stutters on fast movements with almost every card/codec combination

thkogel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2006
    germany
    you're right. I see micro stutters on fast movements of very slow movements.
    There are also stuttering at blending from fast to slow action in movies.
    Apparently the ATI Redeao Xpress200 don't have or only a simple hardware acceleration so WinDVD and PureVideo work in softwaremode.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You might be disappointed but I've had an XPress 200 board, too and it's hw acceleration was even among the best I've seen for non-HD content.

thkogel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2006
    germany
    f...
    I test it again with the ATI OnBoard with newest driver for comparison.

thkogel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2006
    germany
    yes rtv, I am very disappointed. Have uninstalled the nvidia drivers and remove this card, connect tv to onboard and installed newest ATI CCC 7.1
    I am thunderstruck - deinterlace is working very very fine with purevideo, the brightness are solved (black are black and not grey) and cpu load is as low as the nvidia.
    Up to CCC version 6.2 the I had allways a wrong brightness and high cpu load.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom