Odd External/Internal Player Issue w/ M-P and TVSeries (1 Viewer)

whiskaz

Portal Member
February 1, 2008
I just updated M-P, TVSeries and my skin - StreamedMP to current versions. I'm having a strange issue with TVSeries playback but I've found that it's caused by M-P (or at least while the M-P plugin is loaded - removing the dll corrects the problem).

What Happens:
1) If I launch mediaportal and go straight into TVSeries and launch a show (I use an external player), the show plays just fine. When I exit the player to go back into MP, the internal player starts playing the show!

2) If I launch mediaportal and go to moving-pictures and start a movie (external player) then exit and then go into TVSeries and start a show (external player), and exit, it works correctly - the show doesn't start playing again using the internal player.

3) If I remove the m-p.dll, launch MP and go straight into TVSeries, etc, everything works fine (same process as #1, above, but with the moving-pictures plugin removed).

Attached are the logs for MP, m-p and TVSeries. The logs from the problem-scenario begin w/ 'nw_'. The other logs are from the scenario where m-p is launched first and then TVseries (a working scenario).

If I can provide anymore information, please let me know!

Thanks,
Jeremy

ETA: I just reverted m-p back to .65 and it acts the same as #3 above - TVSeries works fine.

Attachments

• m-p_issue.zip
    30.6 KB

whiskaz

Portal Member
February 1, 2008
I just tried this with a fresh install of an MP/nightly build on a different machine. The behavior happened with m-p this time. I'd launch the movie in an external player, exit the movie and the movie would start playing in MediaPortal. TVSeries was not involved in this case (but I was using StreamedMP). Going to try a different skin to see if it makes any difference.

Anyone else using an external player that could try this?

whiskaz

Portal Member
February 1, 2008
I messed around a little with the source, commented out a couple of lines and it sort of took care of the problem (but likely stopped something else from working properly - I wasn't entirely clear on why what I commented out was being done). Obviously I'll leave a proper fix to the devs but... there's more...

Like I said, I hacked a fix for the issue at hand. I was able to start a movie with an external player and stop it without having it start playback inside of MediaPortal. Then I tried duplicating moving-pictures to use with my DVD library (something I've had success with pre-.7). I did this (making sure to include my "hack" to fix the external player issue) and guess what - the problem started up again. Having 2 instances of m-p .7 caused the problem to happen again. Removing either of the m-p dlls, leaving one behind, and all was well.

While the above isn't exactly supported by m-p, I find it odd that this problem pops up under .7, even with the hack in place. Something else is causing it, I guess.

Thanks for trying it out and reportig back, wagenveld.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well I was able to replicate the behavior and I think I have it ironed out, but I would love it if someone could verify the fix for me. If you are experiencing this problem, don't mind experimental code, and are willing to test this fix, send me a PM.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Fix has been verified by multiple people so we don't need any more testers guys. Very sorry. A new release will be coming most likely this weekend that will include, among other things, this fix.

sanderson

Portal Member
November 4, 2008
Home Country
I am still having this problem even after updating to the latest Moving Pictures version, the latest MP-TVSeries version and the MP svn build that is recommened to be used with the MP-TVSeries latest version.

Any other Ideas? I've searched the forums and found this thread, but updating to the new versions doesn't work for me.

thanks

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
It's possible the latest SVN of MediaPortal causes a conflict. Can you post your debug logs from when you reproduce the error?

And is anyone else still seeing this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom